“The Belmont is a real hidden Gem”
Review of The Belmont Hotel

The Belmont Hotel
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Near the railway station and within an easy walk to the city centre the Belmont is a hidden gem. We stayed there for a weekend with friends. The onsite parking was free and all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and tidy and the décor was modern / fresh. The hotel has an informal, relaxed atmosphere but still makes the customer feel important and provides very good service levels. It’s very good value for money and we would certainly stay there again. The food is also to a good standard and the re-branded Windows on New Walk restaurant is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AL1999

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Loved this hotel. It really exceeded my expectations. Reviews were mixed, but I decided to go for it anyway, because the alternative was a big chain hotel and I'm not a fan of those.

I was pleasantly surprised with the room. Very comfortable, and the location is conveniently within walking distance (about 5 minutes) from the rail station. It's also close to the pedestrian walkway, which was perfect for getting out of the room. The room was clean, and service was great.

The only downside: the hallways are creaky, which is mildly annoying and may bother light sleepers. I also had to get up early for a conference I was attending, and was really concerned about my own creaking in my room as I was getting ready, as it seemed obvious the guests below would be able to hear me.

There was also this horrendous live music coming from the restaurant on the night I stayed there (a Saturday). Even with earphones in and meditation music on, it was loud and annoying.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the restaurant, in case of live music.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HollyWorton
Reviewed 30 March 2013

There are few reasons to visit Leicester but if you are staying over The Belmont is the best hotel by some margin. The staff are very professional, the rooms good and very clean. The breakfast is first class with a great selection.

So if you have o stay in the city, stay at The Belmont.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed here for 10 days, which thought how traditional European hotels are like. Had some lovely traditional. Real British break fast the experience of the stay is totally different to what you can get from a modern hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night as we were attending an event at the Demonfort Hall later that evening. From start to finish we were really well looked after at this hotel, all staff were professional, friendly and polite. The hotel is very cosy and warm inside with an old fashioned feel to it. We spent the day in the hotel lounging around reading papers, drinking hot chocolate and had a lovely lunch which was delicious. The room was clean and tidy we had an executive room called Annabel, this was nice but it was a shame it didnt have a fridge. Lovely comfortable bed, clean and well equipped bathroom and nice big wardrobe. We had a TV and lovely dressing room and the room was heated really. Our room was perfectly well positioned with a lovely view of the church. The hotel was perfect for access to our venue which was literally a 10 min walk away. We took a taxi there because of rain and this was organised for us by the hotel and was efficient they picked us up from the car park at 7 pm and delivered us to the Demontfort Hall 5 mins later for £4-00. We walked back which I say only takes 10 mins and its a nice walk in a nice area. We ate dinner there at Jamies bar but next time would love to try the restaurant because it looked lovely and had a great menu

Room Tip: We had an executive room and it was called Annabel and had a lovely view of the Church .
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a Saturday lunch here recently. The food quality was very good and the prices reasonable, but the food was barely luke-warm and so very disappointing. The plates were very hot when delivered but cool by the time the food was served. The walnut bread was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Lynn
I'm very sorry for the wait for your food, despite the quality being very good when it's luke warm or cool it's a real disapointment. I have talked through your feedback with my F&B manager and head Chef who both also send their apologies. We will do better.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have just returned from a weekend stay at The Belmont. I had booked a 50th birthday lunch for 22 friends and family. Everything had been arranged brilliantly, staff were really attentive especially Tom, the duty manager. The food was excellent in the restaurant and a great selection at breakfast. The staff in the restaurant were really kind to my mum. We had 2 of the refurbished rooms, my mum had the disabled bedroom that has a really good wet room bathroom. Both great rooms. It was such a great success that I shall be booking again to celebrate my mums 90th birthday. Thank you for making it a weekend to remember.

• Stayed: March 2013