“Location”

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Location”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Location is very good with easy access to New Walk which leads straight into the city. Plenty of restaurants nearby, I ate in one night having wood pigeon to start which was a little over cooked the turkey dinner was very nice. Breakfast was excellent and all the staff very friendly oh and I did have , a sandwich for lunch also very good.

• Stayed December 2013
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Ian
Many thanks for leaving a review of your stay at the Belmont, we're very pleased you rated the location of the hotel with 5* and that you enjoyed your Turkey, breakfast & sandwich!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
london, england
Reviewed 1 December 2013

On arrival we were given the keys to our room and duly walked the couple of minutes to it only to find that room had not been made up. Were allocated another which was duly ready. Pleasantly surprised with the room, excellent shower and decent bed, more attention could have been made to cleaning i.e. hovering of the carpets. This small point was to be followed throughout the hotel, lampshades not on correctly, dirty windows in restaurant and I had 2 coffees whilst there both served in cups with chipped rims. Small items I know but it is these small things that either make or break the decision to return or recommend. Very well located, good parking and inexpensive it just feels as though it needs a keener eye for detail from staff and management to elevate it above the norm. A drunken guest who could not find his room in the early hours disturbed our sleep on the night we stayed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nickclifton
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Nick, many thanks for the feedback about your stay, really glad you found the location excellent and enjoyed the room. I am ordering hoover parts as I write and have been into the bar and found three cups with chipped rims that have gone straight in the bin! I will talk to my bars manager about this, and that standards we must maintain, and to my housekeeper about the hoovering. I will also walk round with my housekeeper and maintenance manager and make sure we are more vigilant about the detail (including lamp shades) in future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for a Cheistmas event....which went really well. The hotel had a discounted rate for the function guests and we decided that as this wouldn't cost much more than two taxis we would stay over. Our room was lovely....spotlessly clean and well decorated. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious....piping hot and perfectly cooked.

I would certainly stay there again.

Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JulieAnn
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at the hotel. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your Christmas party, accomodation and breakfast, and that you found the team friendly & welcoming. Have a great festive Christmas!
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Firstly we only stayed here as it was walking distance to De Montfort Hall. When we got there the man who checked us in was rude, abrupt asked us some questions which we said no to all of them as we had to rush to the next place in the morning (did we want the paper in the morning? did we want dinner that evening? did we want breakfast in the morning?) I think this must have annoyed him as he was so rude he just said "credit card?" and held his hand out then gave us a room key. As we were walking away my husband had to ask how do we get to our room.

I think the worst part was the other guy at reception was serving a gentleman in a suit and was calling him 'sir' and he even asked if the guy would like help with his bags ( we had 3 heavy suitcases we had to lug up ourselves)

It wasn't until we were back from the show we went to that we discovered there is a car park off to the side and we had actually parked on the wrong side (would have been nice to have been told this at check in)

Carpets did not appear to have been vacuumed in our room either.

The next morning when we went to check out, The man said "checking out of room 119?" and I said "No, 118" and he apologized then asked for my credit card and lucky I noticed he was charging nearly double and when I asked why it was so much more I then noticed he was checking out room 119.

Honeslty was such a joke only plus was how close it was to the hall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest
Thank you for your review of your one night stay at the Belmont, I'm very sorry you felt you were treated rudely by my team. The questions you were asked upon check in are not meant to frustrate but are part of a standard check in process to all guests. This would not explain the confusion with your bill though or why you were not offered assistance with your bags.I will go through this in detail with my reception manager.
It did sound like you were in quite a rush, so perhaps had you had more time they might have explained there was a main car park in addition to the drive along side New Walk.
Thank you very much for the 5* rating for location, as you mention we are very convenient for the train station, De montfort hall, Leicester university, a host of local businesses, New Walk Museum, and only a brief walk into the center of the city (but without much of the noise).
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Public areas are great, staff helpful and pleasant. Free WiFi is fast and the car parking free.
The problems were with the room. Tired, is the word that comes to mind. Not that bad, but not a good reflection of the rest of the hotel. Noisy plumbing went on until late. I was assured of better next time, so would try again.

Stayed November 2013
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Many thanks for your review of your stay at the Belmont, I'm really pleased you enjoyed the free parking, free and fast Wifi and could relax in our public areas. I'm very sorry that your room dissappointed, we have been held back in our refurbishment program but are hoping to push ahead with another large section from January 2014. As a family business it does pain us when we fall short on delivery to our guests, please rest assured my team and I are committed to improving all aspects of the our guests stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Location is good, free parking on site.
As others have said, this hotel is made up of different buildings, and a little bit of a rabbit warren.
However, you can deal with all of that, what made my stay terrible was that they gave me a room on the first floor which overlooked the car park...which is fine...I am in a city and can't expect a view. But what I was not prepared for was the industrial sounding boiler that was on the other side of my bedroom wall and fired up every 10 minutes throughout the night, with a great shudder - resulting in no sleep at all.
In fairness to the hotel, I didnt ask for my room to be changed, however, the hotel was not fully booked so I don't understand why I was given this room in the first place.

Staff weren't the friendliest ..I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Insist on a room overlooking the road and not the car park. Hopefully these will be quieter!!
Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Frequent T
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Belmont, my greatest disappointment is that you found my team un-friendly, this came as a real surprise as we get some many warm comments from our guests. Please accept my personal apology for this.
I'm very sorry about the noise from the fan and have asked my maintenance manager to put a plan in place to either reduce the noise or remove the fan from its current location. I'm pleased you found the location of the hotel good and the free parking a bonus.
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our 7 night stay was flawless with staff that welcomed us, served our fabulous breakfasts and cleaned our room. The location made it easy to access the trains for excursions and walk everywhere in the city. We found the room spacious, quiet and clean. Great value for stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple