“Excellent Hotel in Leicester”
Review of The Belmont Hotel

The Belmont Hotel
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
CHESTERFIELD
“Excellent Hotel in Leicester”
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I have recently stayed at the Belmont with Business and I was very impressed. The hotel is 5 minutes from the Train station down a quiet side street. Upon arrival I was met with professional reception staff and a smooth and easy check in followed. The room I opted for an executive (Room 209) which was spacious, very clean with modern decoration a pink and chocolate theme which was very fresh. The room had excellent facilities nice sized desk, large flat screen TV and a very comfy King Size bed.

The Hotels location is good too just 10 minute walk into the town centre however if you like Indian there is a great Indian just at the end of De Montfort Street called Shimla Pinks.

All in all had a excellent visit to the Belmont and will be back when in Leicester on Business or Pleasure again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2010
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel, the team and I are really pleased you enjoyed your stay, and your room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Belmont.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
UK
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I can't recommend this hotel enough. It was a joy to stay in. The hotel goes out of its way to get things right and all the staff I met were helpful, polite and good at their jobs.

I stayed in one of the newly redecorated rooms and it had a bath and shower to die for. The room had everything you need for business travel but also I imagine works really well for those on non business trips. The bed and linens and colour co-ordination were refreshing and extremely comfortable. There were many touches in the hotel room, and the general facilities, that showed the hotel are really thinking about what their customers need.

Totally top notch and I look forward to returnng.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2010
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. It's really good to hear that you feel we are doing things right, we really work hard to look after our guests and to make good service a priority. The team are very pleased with your "Excellent" review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2010

My family and I stayed at this family-run hotel for only one night but would have stayed longer if our plans would have allowed. We were treated to a warm welcome and greetings by the staff throughout out stay. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The hotel is located on a quiet street adjacent to the tree lined path they call "The Walk". Hotel parking was easily accessible. The breakfast was excellent with great variety. We booked two rooms. One room was recently renovated while the other was probably due for renovation. Regardless, the rooms were comfortable and clean. This hotel is unique, not the typical hotel. This hotel if full of character and I mean character in a good way. The hotel was nicely decorated with wide spiral wooden staircases, the upper floors had uneven, carpeted, creaking floors which added to its charm. If we were to return to Leicester, we wouldn't look to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel, the team and I are really pleased you enjoyed your stay, we are always grateful for feedback especially when it's so nice!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2010

A friendly welcome and good check in by the bar manager and who was looking after reception, easy proceedure and I was asked to sign a clause which highlighted the non-smoking policy with a fine if contravined. Excellant parking for a city centre hotel. The room was a good size with excellant bathroom with good amenity packs; comfortable beds with good lighting and ample work space; flat screen TV and good tea/coffee making facility. Breakfast was a joy although service was sloppy and slight disorganised.Check out was done well and the front desk always seems to be manned with friendly staff even when they were filling in; I reserved direct at 2200hrs the prevous night and found this qyuite painless which is not always the case. I also requested a refurbished room and this was what I received.

Now for the could do better. The fire alarm sounded at 0615hrs and the hotel was cleared and when it was established that the was no fire we were still held in the car park because no one could turn off the alarm - also no fire appliances attended so presumably Leicester Fire fighters were busy watching the election results and the hotel could just burn! I wonder if the guest who was smoking in the room was fined.......??? The staff in the restaurant really did need some training as my table was not properly serviced and whilst friendly could have shewn a little more panache. The sign euphomisticly guides to the mini gym - oh Belmont get rid of this tacky outdated and rubbish equipment it is not worthy let alone usable. I know you have an arrangement with a gym locally so what is the point of keeping it however it would have been nice to have had a couple of machines to save going out. After the debacle od the non-fire there was not apology or explanation of the reason let alone an offer of a small discount for the upheaval.

I like the hotel and its ethos but please smooth the edges as its a good product.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Dear Guest
Firstly, many thanks indeed for taking the time to give a comprehensive review of the hotel and for mentioning all the positives, friendly welcome, parking, good room and breakfast. Secondly I am also grateful for the opportunity to give you feedback regarding your experience with the fire alarm. The fire system is newly installed, all the team have had training and I do have a sheet signed by the night porter that he was happy he understood the system. Sadly in the heat of the moment the training went out of his head, and he even forgot there was a printed sheet behind the reception desk with instructions on how to silence it in the event of a false alarm. We have taken him through the training again and also have regular update training. The fire system is linked directly to the fire station although a fault on the line meant they were not called. This was remedied on the day of discovery, and we test the alarm system weekly to ensure guest safety. I'm very sorry that no apology was offered to you at the time, and I would like to apologise to you and any other guests affected by this. Typically the breakfast service may have been a bit frenetic as all the hotel guests arrived for breakfast at the same time having been woken prematurely, although I will talk through your service comments with the restaurant staff at their next team meeting.
I am also looking into costs for 2 concept 2 rowing machines to replace the minigym equipment, which I agree is past it's best, although as you mentioned we have an affiliation with a fully equipped fitness centre should guests require a more comprehensive workout. I'm glad you like the hotel and hope my response illustrates that my team and I do care about customer service and are working to ensure a stay at the Belmont is all that you would expect it to be.
Leicestershire,
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed at the Belmont Hotel, Leicester recently and had a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast was good and the staff were all very friendly and looked after us well. It was a recently refurbished room and it had a nice view from the window. The stay was good value for money and we would definitely book to go there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Dear Sue, many thanks for your review of the hotel, I'm really pleased you felt the team looked after you and that you felt your stay was good value. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Highland, Utah
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I selected the Belmont due to its proximity to De Montfort Hall where I was going to see a concert. Since I was traveling by myself, I needed a hotel within safe walking distance. The hotel is also very easy walking distance from the train station - exit the station and turn left on to London Road. Walk about two blocks to De Montfort Street and make a right. Walk will take you five minutes. Hotel is on the left side.

My room (#213) was far beyond what I was expecting - it was extremely spacious, had a flatscreen TV, a very large bathroom and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was a shame I was only booked for one night as I had to fly back to the States.

It's a shame this hotel is in Leicester and not a city I would be more likely to return to. It's a great get away sort of comfy, romantic hotel but also a fantastic place if you want to go to a concert at De Montfort Hotel and want to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Dear guest, thank you so much for your comments about the hotel, we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and thought the hotel was Wonderful! We hope you had a safe journey home and thank you again for your WONDERFUL review!
Essex, UK
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stayed at the Belmont for one night. I was greeted by friendly staff. Room service was very prompt. Breakfast was excellent. I was in one of the older rooms, but the bathroom had been updated and I liked the decor anyway! The location was perfect as I was attending a training course around the corner. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Customer Service Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2010
Dear guest, many thanks for your review of the hotel, we are really pleased you could find time to share your views, and the team are thouroughly invigorated by your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back