1,009 results
All reviewscity centreindependent hoteldemontfort halllovely hotelde montfort hallrefurbished roomrailway stationlarge bathroomwedding partyfree parkingbreakfast was excellentcar parkwedding receptionlovely roomvisit leicesterquiet locationa lovely stay
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I don't usually get around to writing reviews after a stay, but this is a really good hotel. I stayed one night and won't hesitate to stay again. The hotel overlooks a lovely, genteel green - perfect for a walk before breakfast. A major attraction for me also, is at the rear of the hotel is a large, secure car park, and not once did I fret about the security of my car.

From the moment I checked in I was taken by the manner of the employees. Throughout my stay, they were warm, helpful and genuine. When I got to talk to a few of them, they were nice, interesting people who seemed to enjoy their jobs - I never had the feeling that they were just part of a corporate machine (obviously because they're not!).

Best of all for me was the room. It was very clean, with modern facilities, and a fabulous bed. As someone who isn't a great sleeper, I view staying away from home with a degree of trepidation - this night I slept like a baby.

One last comment. I have a passion for fish and chips eat them whenecer I can - from award winning Northern chippies to Michelin starred chef's fish and chips. I can honestly say, the fish, chips and mushy peas at the Belmont are to die for - as good as any I've ever had. I'll definitely make a detour for lunch next time I'm near Leicester.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. The Chef in particular is delighted by your comments, and the whole team is really pleased you enjoyed your stay and their company!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Belmont.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

I booked this hotel based on the location and the positive reviews, I made a reservation a month before arrival and even called the hotel a week prior to arriving to insure I got a room with a nice view which I was promised as on the booking website.
But when I got there I was given a really old room at the back of the hotel with broken furniture on of the old rooms, it was all that I would never pay for, let alone not as I requested on the phone.
All they could say was sorry this is the only room left and offered me to call another hotel for me !

the worst experience ever ! and not only that when I came back home the marked me as a no show and tried to charge me for it !!

Never ever will I think of dealing with such a hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RCD_consultant
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Dear guest
Many thanks for your review of service at the hotel. As explained to you at the desk the only smoking rooms we have are large but not refurbished. Refurbishing bedrooms costs us a large amount of money as we have high standards, smoke damage is a signifficant problem in hotels as by far the majority of our guests want non-smoking rooms and are thoroughly disappointed when they have rooms that previous guests have smoked in.
It does not in any way make financial sense for us to allow guests to smoke in newly refurbished bedrooms.
While you had noted "smoking room preferred" on your booking, you also then phoned to request a good refurbished room which you were allocated (a complimentary upgrade to an executive room), but then on check in you again requested a smoking room which we supplied. As I understand my team were very polite and assisted you with your luggage to and from the room, gently explained several times that we would not allow smoking in a refurbished bedroom, booked the alterante room for you at another hotel and booked and paid for the taxi to take you there.
I don't feel that my team have delivered 1* service to you, but I do apologise that you were sent a non-arrival charge and have spoken with my team to aensure they are more thorough in future.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

what a lovely hotel, friendly and in a fantastic location. We visited Leicester to visit daughter. Other members of the family also stayed at the hotel. They were very accomodatingletting my brother park his car in the car park although he was sleeping at my daughters house. The breakfasts lived up to expecttations.
Rooms small but beautifully done. Everything one needs and very clean.
I certainly will be staying again next time we visit and wish we had known about you a few years back when our daughter graduated from De Montford.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Dear guest, thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. The team love to be known as "lovely & friendly"! We're really pleased you enjoyed your time at the Belmont. Because of the age and nature of the building the rooms vary in size, so if you require a larger room during your next stay please let us know and, where possible, we will provide it.
Thanks again for your feedback & we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

We stayed at the Belmont for 1 night with 2 young children in August 2010. It was one of the few hotels offering Family rooms at an excellent rate which also included Breakfast.
The room was perfect and breakfast the following day was delicious and fresh.
Location was also great, within walking distance from the city centre.
I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2010

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel, the team and I are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and felt the rate was "excellent"! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Belmont

Reviewed 19 August 2010

The service was exceptional from the dining room to the registration desk. Our requests were promptly and graciously met. The location was great-quiet but convenient to universities, restaurants, city center, museums, and churches.
I wish we had chosen a somewhat larger room but the one we had was roomy and comfortable, very clean, and everything in working order.The temperature outside was warm but we had a breeze and a fan.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2010

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the hotel, the team and I are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay (especially after a long journey!) We're really pleased you liked the service and quiet location and hope you had a safe journey home. Thanks again for your review.