US$77
US$66
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$114
US$78
US$99
US$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$52
US$40
US$74
PremierInn.com
US$74
PremierInn.com
All reviewscity centreindependent hoteldemontfort halllovely hotelrefurbished roomde montfort hallrailway stationlarge bathroomwedding partyleicester universityfree parkingbreakfast was excellentcar parkwedding receptionchain hotelsquiet locationfull english
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Thanks again Trip Advisor contributors for leading us to this excellent hotel. For the prices charged it is very much 5 star.

Good car park. Very central, just 5 minutes walk to the train station and 10 minutes to the clock in the town centre. Nice restaurants just between the hotel and the train station.

Room lovely and bathroom exceptional. Spotlessly clean. Very quite.

In summary, excellent hotel for its price range in great location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Wildlifewatcher
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

Dear guest
Many thanks for your very positive review of the hotel,( I would like to remind any Tripadvisor users that we are an AA rated 3* hotel) we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt we were an "excellent hotel". Should you be visiting Leicester again we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 October 2010

Picked the Belmont based on proximity to my daughter's university residence and previous trip advisor revires and wasn't disappointed. The Belmont sits along New Walk, a pedestrian walkway, so in virtually free of road noise.

The common areas are spacious and my small double room was beautifully finished and had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! My daughter and I had a very enjoyable meal in the hotel's bar in the evening and breakfast the next morning was excellent. Service was excellent. Staff, without exception, were extremely welcoming and helpful.

I felt I received excellent value for money and am very pleased to know where I will be looking to stay whenever I visit my daughter over the next couple of years.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Dear Guest
Many thanks indeed for you review of the hotel, the team are delighted that you felt they were "welcoming & helpful" and we are very pleased you felt your stay was excellent value. We wish your daughter all the best with her studies and look forward to welcoming you back to the Belmont on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. The staff were very nice and my room was perfect. The word I would use to describe this hotel is clean. My room had all i needed and the bed was soooo comfortable. The dinner menu in the lift was not to my taste but breakfast was fab and filling.
The location just off the leafy, pedestrian New Way walk into town is ideal.
If you are driving you will appreciate the free, secure car park at the back of the hotel
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable room with a great breakfast. First class.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Dear guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of the hotel, the team and I are really pleased by your comments, above all that you found the hotel clean and friendly, which are very high priorities for us. Should you stay with us again and like to dine in the restaurant but prefer a main dish from the bar menu please just let the team know.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I don't usually get around to writing reviews after a stay, but this is a really good hotel. I stayed one night and won't hesitate to stay again. The hotel overlooks a lovely, genteel green - perfect for a walk before breakfast. A major attraction for me also, is at the rear of the hotel is a large, secure car park, and not once did I fret about the security of my car.

From the moment I checked in I was taken by the manner of the employees. Throughout my stay, they were warm, helpful and genuine. When I got to talk to a few of them, they were nice, interesting people who seemed to enjoy their jobs - I never had the feeling that they were just part of a corporate machine (obviously because they're not!).

Best of all for me was the room. It was very clean, with modern facilities, and a fabulous bed. As someone who isn't a great sleeper, I view staying away from home with a degree of trepidation - this night I slept like a baby.

One last comment. I have a passion for fish and chips eat them whenecer I can - from award winning Northern chippies to Michelin starred chef's fish and chips. I can honestly say, the fish, chips and mushy peas at the Belmont are to die for - as good as any I've ever had. I'll definitely make a detour for lunch next time I'm near Leicester.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. The Chef in particular is delighted by your comments, and the whole team is really pleased you enjoyed your stay and their company!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Belmont.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

I booked this hotel based on the location and the positive reviews, I made a reservation a month before arrival and even called the hotel a week prior to arriving to insure I got a room with a nice view which I was promised as on the booking website.
But when I got there I was given a really old room at the back of the hotel with broken furniture on of the old rooms, it was all that I would never pay for, let alone not as I requested on the phone.
All they could say was sorry this is the only room left and offered me to call another hotel for me !

the worst experience ever ! and not only that when I came back home the marked me as a no show and tried to charge me for it !!

Never ever will I think of dealing with such a hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RCD_consultant
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Dear guest
Many thanks for your review of service at the hotel. As explained to you at the desk the only smoking rooms we have are large but not refurbished. Refurbishing bedrooms costs us a large amount of money as we have high standards, smoke damage is a signifficant problem in hotels as by far the majority of our guests want non-smoking rooms and are thoroughly disappointed when they have rooms that previous guests have smoked in.
It does not in any way make financial sense for us to allow guests to smoke in newly refurbished bedrooms.
While you had noted "smoking room preferred" on your booking, you also then phoned to request a good refurbished room which you were allocated (a complimentary upgrade to an executive room), but then on check in you again requested a smoking room which we supplied. As I understand my team were very polite and assisted you with your luggage to and from the room, gently explained several times that we would not allow smoking in a refurbished bedroom, booked the alterante room for you at another hotel and booked and paid for the taxi to take you there.
I don't feel that my team have delivered 1* service to you, but I do apologise that you were sent a non-arrival charge and have spoken with my team to aensure they are more thorough in future.