“Very poor service”

Ranked #163 of 1,206 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi in Highcross is our second restaurant to open in Leicester. Just a mile from the nearest transport link our Highcross restaurant is situated in a prime location. Zizzi is ideal for shoppers or if you are here to enjoy a good film at the new cinema, why not drop in for a bite to eat afterwards?
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Never have I been so disappointed with such poor service by our waitress Gabby and then a manager telling us how the food should taste. We have been to this restaurant a hundred times but never received such awful service. Starters were fine no complaints. Mains a total disaster we ordered the meze o meze asked for extra green chillies and when I asked where are the chillies our waitress gabby points out 2 chillies and said there they are. I was appalled I did not pay extra for 2 pieces of chillies she took it back and scattered a few more and put rocket over them so you couldn't see, that was disappointing. My friend had a pasta dish which she has every time we go there and it was under cooked. So she told the manager who gave her a lecture on aldente and over cooked pasta. My friend was I've been here many a time and know exactly how the pasta should taste anyway she took it back by this time we were all quite upset with what has happened
bearing in my mind we were a party of 7. At the end of the meal my friend asked for the pasta to be packed to take away they put it in a blue carrier bag with a knot just disgusted. Never shall we step foot into zizzi's!!

3  Thank Dilshashah

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Dined here recently with a group of friends. The food was okay, but nothing to write home about. Some members of the group had pizzas which arrived whole but with no pizza slicers which had to be asked for. The staff were reasonably friendly though our waitress was a bit scruffy in appearance and wore jeans under her apron instead of smarter trousers, but the service was very slow and it took over half an hour from the order being taken to when the food was delivered. It was also very noisy and difficult to hear others at the end of the table.

There are many better Italian eating houses in Leicester and you would be better off going to one of them.

1  Thank 1C49
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a fantastic restaurant. It was a busy Friday night in Leicester and the maitre d' Ben was more than happy to fit in our family of four without a booking. We were seated in a lounge area to wait and even though the wait was longer than the promised 15 minutes we were not concerned. In a very happy surprise we all received free drinks because of the extra time we waited.
The food was fantastic - great gluten free options - huge variety - fantastic portion size.
If only we lived in Leicester, we would visit this restaurant again and again. Thanks Ben and Jasmine for a great experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my son and his girlfriend. It's lively and modern. Our waiter was Canadian and very attentive and friendly. We had a sharing platter to start. It was delicious. Our mains arrived quickly. I wasn't impressed with my pasta. It had red pesto and crème fraîche in it. I felt it didn't mix well. My son had a pasta dish and his girlfriend had a salad which looked very tasty. Our problem came when our waiter brought the desserts menu. We chose and then waited and waited for his return. He didn't!! So eventually we ordered from another waitress. We didn't see him again. Really bad. No tip for him. They opened the main door so we were very cold and I had to put my coat on. So all in all it was ok. Great venue, ok food and ok service.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

on one of the rare occasions my wife and i get to go out we took a chance. we'd been here once before and found it noisy and nothing special, but not wanting to make a judgement on a one off and having a wedding anniversary voucher, we thought we'd give it another chance.
Never again.
There is nothing wrong with the staff they were friendly, food arrived in minutes and although the menu looked a bit pricey it was nothing more than a normal restaurant in a city centre.
The food was dreadful.
I had the crab Linguini the portion size was fine but it was bland , there was no flavour whatsoever. I even asked for some parmesan to try and make it tolerable but it didn't make any difference i had to send it back, i wasn't offerred an alternative. My wife had the the Risotto and although she said it tasted nice to me it looked a bit like a bowl of sloppy gruel. The staff offerred my wife and i free desserts which i thought was a little odd as i hadn't actually eaten a dinner at that point.
There are pletny of small authentic Italian restaurants around Leicester i'd recommend you try one of those.

3  Thank Voltak