“Would defo stay again”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed for 1 night last weekend (11th feb). Was very impressed with the central location, have stayed in many hotels in the city centre area and this was definitely the nicest. The reception and bar area are beautifully decorated and the staff exceedingly helpful. On arrival we asked them to book us a taxi, for a set time. It was very punctual, and the receptionist informed us of it's arrival. The room itself was furnished with wooden flooring and red and white modern style. Bed so comfortable. Walk-in in shower lovely. We stayed for breakfast which was perfect, combination of full-english, continental, cereals, don't think there was anything else I would have wanted.
There is no hotel parking but there is a subsided public car park (appeared to have CCTV) about 25 metres from the hotel main entrance.
Will certainly be my hotel of choice next time I stay in Leicester for a night out

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Mari

Thank you very much for taking teh time and trouble to write a review on our Hotel on Trip Advisor. As we have just recently opened, it is really helpful for me and my team to receive feedback from our guests.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the Hotel and the Service received from our staff and equally happy to learn that you woudl be pleased to return. We would defo' like to offer you our hospitality again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed at the hotel in Jan. Friendly Reception staff who provided an efficient check in. Room was nice with plenty of space, bed was very comfortable and had good mobile & wifi reception which is perfect for business travellers. Had drinks in the bar which were served by a friendly waiter who was very attentive. Dinner was a nice experience. Again staff were very polite, friendly and attentive to our needs. Food was tasty and well presented. This hotel is in a good location and perfect for business travellers with free wifi available. The car park may be across the street but the charges are reasonable for a city centre location.

I would definately stay at this hotel when I am next in Leicester for business.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for posting a review on Trip Advisor. As we have only recently opened, all guest feedback is important to us in order to truly monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests.
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and look foreward to the opportunity of offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed for 2 days early in February. Good location close to city centre and theatre. The bar and reception were lovely. There is a door in the bar area and it when it was opened it was very cold. There is no parking so you have to make your own arrangements. There is no drop off area either. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The lift area,hallway is freezing. The rooms are poorly finished: wonky shelves in bathroom and bedroom; curtains hanging off tracks; silicone in great clumps everywhere and falling off. for a brand new hotel this is not what you would expect. The beds were comfy and the rooms warm. The air con made a noise all night and the fire alarm went off one night thanks to a drunk joker in the bar -the staff did turn it off after 3 rings. The tea tray was not refilled. we and a room with a sofa bed as we had 3 of us. They was no room to swing a cat once it was up. The rooms are quite austere: white and laminate flooring; and the red everywhere is very 80's. The hairdryer is rubbish. They storage is limited and with the TV on the dressing table there is little room to do anything. The lighting in the bathroom is inadequte to do your makeup in. The main problem is the wake-in shower which floods the bathroom floor. The 2nd day we had to use a towel to make a dam to stop the rest of the floor being flooded, so we could use the sink or WC without wearing wellies. We only paid £20 per night. The Ramada Loughborough has much nicer bedrooms, much cosier and they do not flood. The TV is up on the wall and the hairdryers much better. I would stay again as the bar area is really nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RupertBear_12
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest (Rupert Bear)

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us earlier this year. As I am sure you will appreciate it is only through such guest feedback that we are able to monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. As we have just recently opened, yoru feedback was particularly usefull.

Please be assured that I have taken careful note of your comments and where possible, we will address those we can. In fact we have already upgraded the Lift Lobby heating and created a guest drop off zone in Yeoman Street behind the Hotel.

I am sure you will appreciate also that the behaviour of guests in the Hotel is not something which we can foresee or control and that on this ocasion, concerning the intoxicated guest, setting off the Fire alarm, our staff acted approriately.

I would thank you again for your comment and hope we will be able to offer you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Yours sincerley

Henrik Jespersen.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel
Last weekend and can say it one of if not the best hotels I have stayed in. Welcoming reception and bar area friendly staff that will go out their way for you . Excellent location for visiting the city centre and curve theatre. Looking forward to returning in May

• Stayed: February 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear City Girl

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are able to monitor the standards of service and quality of product we offer our guests, As we have only been open now for Two Weeks, this is especially useful to us all.

I was happy to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and that you found our staff welcoming. I hope also that you enjoyed the show at Curve, which as you mention is just across the street from the Hotel.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again when you return in May.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

As a Leicester born and bred I've had the pleasure of watching this hotel grow from the ground up and having moved away a year ago thought it only fitting to stay for a couple of nights during a recent weekend visit.

Having made the booking with a very helpful reservationist over the phone I came back to Leicester not knowing what to expect and was extremely delighted with how the stay turned out, with both staff and hotel exceeding my expectations by miles.

Upon entering the hotel your confronted a very elegant, modern and well laid out bar and restaurant area, housing comfortable seating, flat-screen TV's and subtle lighting. Having been on the train for about 4 hours this was a welcome site and was surprised when I was offered table service, which was both diligent and discreet, allowing me to read the paper (online with free wi-fi) and relax without having to get up every time my glass was empty.

After this rest-bite I decided to venture up to my room, which was located at the front of the hotel onto the main road. The room was equally stunning, giving everything you would expect, whilst being spacious, well fitted (walk in shower room!) and stocked with everything you would need.

Having decided to stay during a weekend of protests and marches I was duly warned of the coming events and was ensured security would be kept tight, which it was. Overall the staff were faultless and every opportunity that was available to make my stay better was quickly capitalised on. Unfortunately I missed the breakfast on the first day (I blame the comfortable bed!) but ate my heart out on the last day of my stay with the buffet breakfast.

All in all, a 10/10 stay and I would definitely recommend it as THE place to stay if you happen to visit Leicester, thank you Henrik and the staff for such a brilliant time

Room Tip: Don't worry if your room is on the main road as the windows are highly sound proofed
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear Mr Lawless

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to write such a comprehensive report following your recent stay with us at the Ramada Encore Hotel in Leicester.

I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were impressed by our product, particularly as you had seen it develop over the years. I shall certainly pass on you comments to our staff who will be encouraged by your observations.

I would once again like to thank you for your feedback and hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again in teh very near future,

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel was fabulous in all aspects. We went to the Curve Theatre Saturday night, and got stuck with the snow. So turned up wet and cold to the hotel reception. The staff were extremely helpful, offering us extra toiletries, toothbrushes etc (with were gratefully received) and we were happy with the cost (breakfast included). The rooms were very clean and modern, very stylish. Excellent breakfast with loads of choice, and again very helpful, cheerful staff both in the restaurant and reception. I would definately stay here again, and would highly recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlotte

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are abel to monitor the standards of service and quality of product we offer our guests, As we have only been open now for Two Weeks, this is especially useful to us all.

I was happy to learn that we were able to offer you a room in your hour of need, when we were all effected by the Snow over the weekend of 4th February and equally happy to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and Staff. Please be assured that your kind comments will be shared with the team here at the Ramada Encore Leicester.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again in the very near future,

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Brilliant hotel, 5 star treatment from the staff. Very professional, always put your needs first and always willing to help and go out their way to get full satisfaction for the customer. I would recommend it to all

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Harvey

I was happy to learn that you were impressed with the Hotel and staff and that you will be reccomending us to yoru friends.