“Good room with comfortable bed”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here on a 4 day business trip and was very happy with the room which was well appointed with quality fittings and a very comfortable bed albeit slightly small by aussie standards. Staff were very friendly and helpful...........this hotel is very well located to the city centre and has a great variety of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the door, so consequently we did not eat at the hotel so i can't comment on the quality of the restaurant
We did several meetings in the large reception/bar area which we found to be comfortable and well serviced by friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel as being good value for money and would happily stay here again when next in Leicester

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. As I am sure you will appreciate, it is only through such guest feedback that we are truly able to monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. As we have just recently opened, your feedback is particularly useful to us.

I was happy to learn that you liked our Hotel and would gladly return. I sincerly hope that you will and look forward to offering you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Yours Sincerley

Reviewed 29 February 2012

back in town on a business trips, meet some old friends here for dinner and although the surroundings were nice the food did not do it justice, was ok but will hope for better on next visit.That said my room was perfect and just what i needed for a short stay.

1  Thank mike h

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a trip advisor review following your recent stay with us. This is particularly useful to us as we have just recently opened the Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with our food offering on your last visit. We have been listening to our guests since opening and are in the process of reviewing our menu as a result of thier feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the rest of your stay and do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 February 2012

First of all I need to say that we did not stay at this hotel but only visited the restaurant prior to a show at Curve Theatre. We were hoping that this would prove a good place for a pre-theatre meal on a regular basis. Unfortunately both service and quality of food was not as good as 'chain' restaurants in the city which we would like to better. No record of reservation made in advance, wrong orders, wrong (different) items on bill, cold, overcooked main courses, Cheap looking 'Supermarket' sweets obviously bought in (but highly priced). Both courses quite small portions. Leicester could have done with a different good pre-theatre offering but I'm sorry to say that without some simple customer service training and better food this is not it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeasonedTraveller055
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to place a Trip Advisor review follwoing your recent visit to our Restuarant. Your feedback is particularly usefull to us as we have only just recently opened the Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the quality of food and servce recived during your visit. Please be assured that your comments will be addressed and used to help further develop our new team.

I sincerley hope that you will not be detered from dining with us again in teh very near future when I trust you will see a marked improvement.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

First, let's start with the positives. The room we stayed in was excellent for my one night birthday treat. It was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the TV had a good range of channels and excellent reception, the en-suite wet room had a powerful shower, and good quality handwash, shower gel etc.

Before we left our room to go downstairs for some food, given the quality of the room and the price paid, the hotel would have received a maximum 5 rating. However, we then made the mistake of going to the hotel restaurant for some food before we went to the theatre.

We cannot comment on the quality of the food unfortunately, as we didn't manage to eat any. We entered the restaurant at 5.30pm, and seeing there were only a couple of other tables occupied, we thought we would have plenty of time to eat our food prior to gettnig ready to go to the theatre, particularly as all we ordered was a BLT Club Sandwich, a portion of chips and Chicken Caesar Salad. 50 minutes later we left the restaurant having not eaten anything. In the meantime, us and the table behind were offered a burger and chips and coq au vin that neither table ordered (twice in the case of the table behind!). Eventually after 45 minutes when the waiter came back to ask us what we had ordered, we gave up.

However, it is possible that this was a one-off "bad day" for the restaurant, and if we return in the future, I hope that we may have a much better overall experience.

But, if I am being honest, however, the restaurant experience did put a slight dampner on our weekend. Furthermore, given that we had a train to catch the following morning, we did not want to risk a delayed breakfast in the hotel, also at £10 a head for a buffet breakfast, we felt that we could get better value elsewhere as my wife only wanted a bowl of cereal. It is unfortunate that many hotels now only offer this one priced breakfast as it does not cater for those with smaller appetites or dietary restrictions.

In conclusion, both the standard of the room, and the accommodation service were excellent (hence the mark of 4 out of 5), however, during our stay our dining experience did leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. This feedback is particularly useful to us as we have only recently opened and it helps us guage how we are doing at this early stage.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the standard of your accommodation but particularly dissapointed in the experience you had in our Restaurant. It is quite apparent that your order was missed and unacceptable that you were unable to get a meal in the evening. Please be assured that your feedback is important to us and your experiences will be relayed back to the team and form a part of the training at the Hotel. Breakfast should not have been and issue however as it is self service.

I hope you will accept my apologies and sincerely hope that you will return to the hotel and that we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again. I would be happy for you to call me direct to make any reservation.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Lovely modern hotel. Staff very friendly, efficient and helpful. Comfortable bed with modern wet room ensuite. We were on 7th floor with great views over Leicestershire, all the way out to Bradgate Park. Perfectly placed within the cultural quarter, walking distance to several attractions. Short walk to main line railway station if commuting. Convenient secure parking diagonally opposite with greatly discounted fee from hotel validation of your ticket. Plenty to choose from at breaksfast buffet. My girlfriend and I will definately be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the Hotel and what we had to offer, I too enjoy the view from our 7th floor.

I am glad to see that you will be returning to the Hotel with your girlfriend and look forward to the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is actually my second stay. I go to Leicester on business a lot. The first stay was a bit of a disaster but as the hotel had only been open for a couple of days I thought it unfair to review it on that stay as most things that went wrong were teething problems.
From the second I entered this time things went well. I was greeted by name by the receptionist before I'd even opened my mouth which was a nice touch. I was allowed to check in very early which was fantastic as I wanted somewhere quiet to prepare before tending to business. The hotel is clean and well decorated (as a new build should be). The rooms are nice but basic. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom fine too. It only has a walk in shower rather than a bath but I prefer that. The location is fantastic. It's close to the railway station and main shopping streets but being so central it's not the quietest hotel I've stayed in plus there's a constant loud whirring noise which disturbed my sleep a bit. The only other negatives are a few breakfast items were poor quality - the fruit juice and sausages are really cheap and nasty - and a couple of the staff seem constantly flustered which affects how polite and effective they are but I'm sure they will get more confident and competent the longer they are in post. Nothing that effective training and performance management couldn't fix.

• Stayed: February 2012
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to place a review on Trip Advisor, particularly as you are still at teh Hotel. I truly appreciate the fact that you have returned to the Hotel following yoru previous stay. Your feedback is particularly useful as we have only recently opened the Hotel and are learning every day.

I was sorry to learn that you were disspaointed with the food at breakfast and would be interested to learn if your experience differs on this ocasion. We have changed supply of some of the Breakfast products, since opening, although the juice is the same. We may well take a look at this also.

I note also your comments regarding the noise experienced in your room. Please let our receptionist know which room you stayed in and we will investigate this further.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and for returning to the Hotel. Unfortunately I am away on a course this week, otherwise I would have been interested in meeting you personally to discuss your observations further.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

The room was nice and clean, the air con a little noisy, the food expensive and only average (a starter: £5 for half a potato skin with cheese! and it was microwaved). The staff themselves were friendly but not particularly professional in what they do. No way should this place get all these 5 star ratings, but its a nice clean room for sure.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to place a review on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with. As I am sure you wil appreciate, it is only through such feedback that we can truly monitor the standards of service and product quality we offer our guests. Your feedback is particularly useful as we have only recently opened the Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that you were disspaointed with the food on offer and have taken careful note of the comments you have made. We will be revising our menu at the end of March whereupon all the comments received from the time of opening will be taken into account.

Please be assured that I have also noted your comments concerning the profesionalism of our staff. I would again thank you for your observations which will be key to their development. When we recruited for the Hotel, we focused heavily on the character and personality of the staff recruited as these were the key aspects we wanted. As they progress in their duties their confindence and professionalism will rise and their personalities will shine through.

Once again, I thank you for yoru comments and hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitality again in teh very near future.