“Poor quality hotel - budget style rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
London, United Kingdom
“Poor quality hotel - budget style rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight for work. The hotel is new and purpose built. The rooms an ok size but there was an odd smell throughout the floor. It looks like pure budget style room, from the furnishings to the decor. The bathroom was nice, but no shampoo etc provided (and no bath, although the shower was good!)
I really wouldn't recommend this hotel, it's no better than a bad travel lodge.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

We are a Mid Market Hotel and do not offer all the facilities that one would receive at a full service Hotel, which is refelcted in our room rates. However, we do provide both hand soap and shampoo in all our rooms (on the wall) so I would ask that you accept my most sincere apologies if these were absent from your room.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights for both business and leisure. It was comfortable but they really need to build in cupboard space, what was there is just an open rack with clothes hangers. The room though was fine, very warm and cozy since the weather was cold. On day 4 of my stay my room was not cleaned, bed was made but floor was extremely and visibly dirty, glasses in the toilet were not replaced. I complained about it and a very nice gentleman by the name of Anis (who was a bartender) personally went to my room with a mop and cleaner to actually clean the floor himself, change the glasses and apologised and promised to bring it to the attention of the cleaning supervisor. I was really impressed with such professionalism which is commendable. The breakfast was good and freshly made. The hotel's proximity to the city center is just accross the street, literally a 1 minute walk to the city center.Overall the service was fine for the rate I paid and it is much much cheaper to book and pay online.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor following your ecent stay with us. Your comments and observations are very important to us as we monitor our service and standards.

I would agree that for a long term stay, additional wardrobe space would be a great benefit and hope that we may be able to look at that provision in the future.

I was made aware of the issue surrounding yoru room not being serviced on the 4th day and am pleased that Anis dealt with the situation for you. This was also followed up with our housekeeper the following day,

Once again, thank you for your review.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed for just the one night and I have to say, for the price paid I don't think you could do much better.
The room was spotless and very modern. Decent TV, nice fixtures and fittings all in good condition and a lovely bathroom. The room wasn't over large but certainly wasn't tiny, my partner and I had plenty of room for our stuff without feeling like it was all over the place. No wardrobe but enough space to hang clothes on the unit provided and perfectly functional for our requirements.
Bed was comfortable (for me, a little hard for my partner but not a criticism) and the heating worked perfectly. I've lost counts of the number of hotels that get this simple thing wrong!
The only criticism I would offer and the reason for the 4 out of 5 is the walls are very thin. We could quite clearly hear conversations next door and, while this wouldn't stop me staying here again, it could be very annoying if you had a certain type of neighbour. Pot luck on that one.
All in all a very positive experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stu W

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us.

I was very pleased to see that you were happy with your stay and that you felt that the Hotel offered good value for your money.

We look foreward to you hopefully returning in teh near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

The rooms were clean, bright, well decorated. The only slight downfall was that the walls were a little thin, so you could faintly hear people moving around in the other room. Overall a solid hotel at a fair price. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Leon C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel after your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

As I only had food here, I can not review the hotel...but I 'was sold short' on my food experience.
We ordered from the menu, I ordered a MAIN COURSE from the SALADS heading,

Sweet potato & coriander fishcake on a bed of dressed mixed leaves served with tartare sauce -£11.95
well what arrived was probably the worse 'Salad' I have ever been served. the five, extremely small fishcake sat on the plate with a few (yes probably 4 or 5) salad leaves ON THE TOP of the fishcakes, I would have been disappointed with this as a starter, never mind a main.
I made the waiter aware who said, 'that he thought it was pretty small'. He said he would not charge us full price for this, thank goodness, as I wouldn't have paid full price for it! (we couldn't hang around, as we had seats booked at the theatre) Just pleased I ordered a side order of fries!!

Room Tip: Didn't stay - food only
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your meal taken in our Restuarant.

I am realy sorry that the dish served was not to standard and am pleased to learn that my manager acknowledged this at the time for you.

We are constantly reviewing our standards your contribution has been most helpful.

SIncerely
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This is a modern hotel with small but well appointed rooms. Contemporary in design and a kind of Scandinavian feel about the place. The big problem for me was we held our conference nearby and had arranged in writing with the hotel that the bar would be open late. The hotel agreed in writing that the bar would be open until we retired to our rooms. Unfortunately and despite having tis in writing on an e mail the hotel renaiged on our agreement which for me spoilt the experience.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chrisburbridge
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Mr Burbridge

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor.

I was pleased to see that you liked the look and feel of our Hotel.

I was dissapointed though that you felt we had not honoured an agreement to have the Bar open late and that as a result you scored us down so harshly. The Hotel had agreed a late bar with the organisors of the Conference and the bar closed at 3;30am having comunicated last orders to the small party remaining at 3:00am.

I would say that 3:30am is late enough.

I am sorry that the non availability of additional alcohol after 3:30am caused you so much dissapointment.

Sincerley

Henrik Jespersen

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

gloucestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Leicester itself is a pain to get around as its all mostly one way but we found the hotel but realised it didnt have any onsite parking so i was told we needed to park in the close by NCP parking area, you are given a discounted rate on parking when staying in the hotel (£8)

All the staff were friendly and polite. The main reception area, bar and cafe area were all clean, fresh with a modern feel, the bar and cafe areas had a good amount of people in it eating and drinking.

Our room was on the 4th floor and was last in the corridor away from the other rooms which we thought would mean it would be quiet!

The actual room was clean, fresh, simply decorated with all good basic facilites that all worked, good range of tea/coffee and buscuits, clean towels and bed linen. The guest info was also very good.

Our room over looked the street but during the day time we didnt give it a seconds thought, until we got back to our room about 23.30pm, once in bed all we could hear was the loud pumping of music from nearby clubs, people shouting, fighting and police sirens. I managed to get to sleep and woke up at 330am and all was quiet, we were woken again at 6am by more shouting, glass breaking and obvious fighting. Again we did manage to get back to sleep.

The breakfast was excellent, with a great choice and a help yourself service, also Sunday papers were available. Check out was easy.

Again this is nothing to do with the hotel but as we came out of the hotel the surrounding area was covered in borken glass and several cars had had their windows smashed in.

The hotel itself was great, excellent value for money but for us the surrounding area wasnt so great, we didnt hang around in the morning. The noise cant be helped especailly on a Saturday night. So if noise effects you maybe ask for a room not looking onto the main street.

Room Tip: Our room was looking on to the main street and it was very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for you recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you liked our Hotel, staff and the facilities we have to offer. I was however sorry to learn that your stay was disrupted by the noise of fighting outside.

The Hotel is in the Heart of the City and therefore we cannot avoid an ellement of city noise however the incidents outside the hotel that you have descibed are certainly not the norm and we have rarly expereinced any trouble at all. I do hope that you will not be detered from staying with us again as a result.