“Great location, good value and fresh but lacking facilities”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 26 October 2013

New and fresh with tiled and glass finishes giving it a crisp feel. No bath if that's important to you but the wet room shower is therefore more spacious if not palatial. Beds only double sized but room quite spacious. Very conveniently situated. Moments from hotel-discounted car park and short walk from all of Leicester nightlife, whether it's theatre, metal pubs, casual dining or clubbing. Even Highcross shopping and cathedral are only 10 mins away with station 10 mins the other way. Reception, bar and restaurant share one space on the ground floor which is efficient but leads to clutter and distraction both for check-in and if trying to relax over food or a drink. Seemed to be a lack of importance attached to clearing trays left outside rooms which was untidy but the place was clean. We were assigned a room which turned out to be occupied and staff didn't seem too concerned. There was no drama over changing rooms, though the staff didn't believe it possible but security implications weren't acknowledged and it could have been very different if the occupant had been in when we entered...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear David
Thank you very much for your comprehensive review on our Hotel.
I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our facilities. I was concerned however with the confusion which occured during your check in and also that food trays were not cleared from the floors over night. Please be assured that these issues have been addressed.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

No carpets in my room which was great! City centre just across the road
2 of the 4 staff I was in contact with were not friendly (she did not look at me when she gave the receipt). Another problem with the smell of drains from the bathroom

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent revire of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to see that you liked our Hotel and that the Location was ideal for you.
I was aware of the odour issue that you have refered to and can assure you that this has been delt with.
I hope that we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is well located within a couple of minutes walk of the city centre. My room was a good size, clean and comfortable. The man on reception wouldn't listen to the spelling of my surname and I had to keep repeating myself and he managed to complete check-in (finally) all without taking one hand out of his trouser pocket! Breakfast was good although the restaurant is small and crowded in the morning. The car park is just around the corner. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Michelle
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Hotel. Please be assured that I have taken very careful note of your comments relating to your check in and have acted upon them accordingly.
I am pleased to see that you would happily return and look forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great hotel, nice and clean. Breakfast was good also. Only thing is parking is around the corner and also you will have to pay. Behind is a street where, if lucky can get a spot for a little cheaper, but depending on what car you have, may not leave over night.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for placing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was very pleased to see that you liked our Hotel and do hope that you will return.
I am not sure where you parked, but we do have a consessionary rate with the NCP on Rutland street at £8 for overnight parking, alternatlively, we have limited spaces in our basement which are charged at £25 per night or are inclusive with an executive upgrade.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have used the Ramada Encore Hotel lounge and cafe bar on a few occasions although I have never stayed there,the lounge dining areas are very clean and spacious with very good decor and lighting. It has a very nice bar with comfortable seating ,as for the food the menu is good but to me it is just pub grub,if you are meeting friends it is a very good venue well worth a try.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review on trip advisor. I was very pleased to see that you are a frequent user of the Hotel and that you like our Lounge.
Hopefully we can persuade you to treat yourself to an overnight stay so that you can expereince the rest of our facilities.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed overnight 21st Sept 2013,,,,great hotel,comfy bed with fresh white linen resulting in a lovely sleep!!!! Room was clean,spacious and modern.Checking in times really fast no problems at all.Lovely fluffy white towels ,modern bathroom .All in all had a lovely stay,,,,,Thank you !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank heatherj043

Dear Heather
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked our facilities.
I hope that we will be able to accommodate you again very soon.
Sincerley

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Be warned the double beds at this hotel are tiny. Parking is going to cost you £25. My bedroom complete with cheap laminate floor and cheap looking decor. Non existent free wi-fi. A totally unhelpful and unfriendly Duty Manager. No iron in the room and the one that I got after calling reception was cheap and nasty and the palm of my hand was warmer. I will not be back.

Room Tip: Best to get a twin as the doubles are only good for a single person.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with certain ellements of your stay. Our Beds are in fact standard size double beds and the decor / laminate flooring is standard in all Ramada Encore Hotels now.

I am not sure where you parked, but we do have a consession with the NCP on Rutland Street which costs £8 for over night parking.

Thank you once again for your feedback.