“Great location !”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights !The location was perfect just 2 minutes walk from the shopping center,10 minutes walk from the railway station and 20 minutes from the University.The room was very comfortable, clean and modern designed and that made our stay very pleasant !with tea coffee facilities and also biscuits !!!
We had dinner one night at the restaurant ,did not get the 25% off although they had the offer of "happy hour" between 5-8.I would not recommend having dinner there but staying in this hotel i would definitely recommend it !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Georgia
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you liked the hotel and would return. I would apologise however for the fact that you did not recieve the happy hour discount.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Arrived at midday (09/12/13) receptionist could not have been more cheerful and was very helpful, checked us in as room was available, provided a map of the city, and explained where to go. When we returned to the hotel she asked if we had found what we wanted. Room and public areas good.
Ramada Encore must be the best of the budget brands and with the Independent £20.00 per room per night offer, unbeatable value. Hotel is right in the middle of the city with a car park next door. We will return

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Del & Ang
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor, I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, liked our Hotel and though our receptionist was so cheerful and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.
Sincerley

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a week with work, excellent location for shops, pubs, restaurants etc. The hotel is clean and tidy as are the rooms, the rooms are lovely.
Breakfast in the hotel is of a good standard but on a not so busy morning bacon etc can get dried out under the heat lamps but nothing major. Diner was just disgusting, 3 colleague's were given meals I wouldn't offer a dog, I really mean that, I only wish I could upload a picture. PLEASE DON'T EAT DINER HERE! The hotel has a happy hour, 25% off drinks at the bar between 5pm and 8pm. 1 guy on the first night over charged us, no discount. The second night I asked for a receipt and sure enough full priced, I mentioned the happy hr to him and I got the difference right away. 5 mins later he over charged several colleagues. A joke!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Simon

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor.
I was very sorry to learn that you were so unhappy with the food served at dinner and that you had problems securing the Happy hour discounts. I would ask that you accept my apologies for these issues and if you would be so kind as to email me with further details so that I can fully investigate and come back to you.

Yours Sincerely
gm@encoreleicester.com

Reviewed 9 December 2013

First of all, for a 3 star this hotel is a value for money and I would definitely recommend it to others as it's very clean and is at a great location.

Upon arrival, the receptionist (with glasses) was very friendly but I entered into a room of 16 C degrees, seriously, and turning up the heating to 36 C (!) didn't help much either, it was a painful to get out of the hot shower.
A colleague of mine also staying here told me that you must go downstairs and complain a bit at reception and then they somehow twist or push a knob behind the counter and then.. magic.. my room was warm for the second night!

If you are not into English breakfast, I would not suggest spending Ł7 on it except if you only eat cereals.
In the evening I had a mushroom soup with fresh, warm baguettes at the restaurant which was perfect.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and woudl reccomend us to others.
I was sorry to learn that your room was so cold on arrival. It would appear that the previous guest had set the temperature on Chill 16 degress. Our Room attendants do set all the rooms to 23 degress when they clean the rooms although it woudl appear that your room was missed. I would ask that you accept my apologies for this oversight,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is a great location but unfortunately the Leicester one way system goes into over drive when you are trying to find it!! You can park in the ncp over the road and you get a 60% discount from the hotel. Great room, great price, great location. Just about the book again for another night out in Leicester.

Room Tip: Any closer and you will be on the clock tower
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Heather
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to see that you liked our Hotel and that you are returning to us once again. I fully appreciate your comments with regard to the one way systems in Leicester and do hope that this did not cause too much confusion.
Sincerley

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Don't stay in room 113... It's right above a carpark with electric shutter roller doors. So unless you are deaf - avoid at all cost. Rest of hotel seems good. Very clean. Room for 113 very cold when i arrived.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very sorry to learn that you were disturbed by the car park doors and that your room was cold on arrival. I would ask that you accept my apologies for any dissapointment.
I do hope that you will not be detered from staying with us again, when I can assure you of our every attention.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed for one night in a room for 3 people, the room was large with lots of space & appeared to be a room adapted for disabilities. Laminate floor, nice & clean with a wet room, no bath. toiletries provided in fixed containers & beverages provided but only 2 cups. I slept...or should I say layed on the bed sofa which had been made up along side the double bed, it was the worst bed I have ever slept on you could feel every spring through the paper thin material! hence no sleep for me! I did complain on check out but didn't get much response. Bar is ok but not many seats, breakfast is also served in this area, again ok but nothing spectaculat, no veggie alternative eg veg sausage / bacon & scrambled eggs need to be ordered and are like rubber.
However the hotel is in a good central position & if I had had a comfy bed would say it is excellant value for money.

Room Tip: Dont sleep on a sofa bed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank millypink

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for yoru recent review of our Hotel.

I was very sorry to learn that you found the Sofa Bed uncomfortable and hope that this did not spoil your stay too much, I also hope that you wil stay with us again and if you are 3 people again, I would reccomend ajoining rooms with a doubel and two twin beds, Please contact me direct shoudl you wish to make such a booking and I will arrange a 50% discount for you.