“Good location”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Good location but very difficult to find for us nice room and bar area the room was a family room which was fine. Parking was available in diff car parks but once again not cheap as always seems case in city centre hotels. Leicester was nice We had a nice Indian in high cross which is the main shopping area in Leicester Would use hotel again and shower room was very nice walk in shower room. Cheap enough too

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your visit to Leicester.
I hope that we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in December 2013 as had a function to attend nearby. Firstly, this hotel is a nightmare to find, your Sat Nav won't find it by entering the postcode, it's situated on the most annoying one way system in the centre of Leicester. No apparent car parking so you have to leave your car in a nearby NCP car park-be warned this is not a very nice area to be walking around! I had to drive around in circles trying o find the car park in a very dodgy area.
The hotel has no reception, well, there's a bar that doubles as a reception. Staff were busy serving drinks rather than book guests in. Eventually checked in and found my room.
The rooms are not nice! Very, very spartan, the fake wood veneer flooring was very dirty & dusty, especially under the bed, I dropped a pen & it rolled under the bed so I had to retrieve it along with the dust under there.
The room was far too hot & there was no way of adjusting the temperature, the controls didn't work at all. The window did not open & the view was dreadful-the service yard at the back of the hotel & was very noisy with the plant running constantly. Even with the window shut it was very noisy. If I had to stay a second night I'd have booked into a different hotel!
The only saving grace was it was a cheap room but as my company were paying even this did not make it better.
Book somewhere else-after this experience I won't stay in another Encore hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel following your stay in December. I was very sorry to learn that you were not entirely happy with your expereince and would ask that you accept my apologies.
I do agree that the one way system in Leicester can be a little confusing, however we do list the Rutland Center NCP Post code on our brichures and web site to facilitate easy navigation to the Hotel. The Hotel is situated in the Cultural Quarter which is very well lit.
The Hotel does have a reception area which is clearly seperate from the Bar and quite distinctive in its layout and equipment, although the staff do assist the bar when required. I am sorry if this caused you some delay or confsuion.
I would also ask that you accept my apologies for the dust under the bed, Please be assured that this has been rectified.
Unfortuately, in a city centre hotel, you cannot avoid hearing some sounds from the city and neighbouring buidlings, whilst this is not an issue we usually have problems with, especially in the inward facing rooms, I am truly sorry that this caused you some disturbance.
Once again, I thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights !The location was perfect just 2 minutes walk from the shopping center,10 minutes walk from the railway station and 20 minutes from the University.The room was very comfortable, clean and modern designed and that made our stay very pleasant !with tea coffee facilities and also biscuits !!!
We had dinner one night at the restaurant ,did not get the 25% off although they had the offer of "happy hour" between 5-8.I would not recommend having dinner there but staying in this hotel i would definitely recommend it !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Georgia
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you liked the hotel and would return. I would apologise however for the fact that you did not recieve the happy hour discount.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Arrived at midday (09/12/13) receptionist could not have been more cheerful and was very helpful, checked us in as room was available, provided a map of the city, and explained where to go. When we returned to the hotel she asked if we had found what we wanted. Room and public areas good.
Ramada Encore must be the best of the budget brands and with the Independent £20.00 per room per night offer, unbeatable value. Hotel is right in the middle of the city with a car park next door. We will return

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Del & Ang
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor, I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, liked our Hotel and though our receptionist was so cheerful and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.
Sincerley

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a week with work, excellent location for shops, pubs, restaurants etc. The hotel is clean and tidy as are the rooms, the rooms are lovely.
Breakfast in the hotel is of a good standard but on a not so busy morning bacon etc can get dried out under the heat lamps but nothing major. Diner was just disgusting, 3 colleague's were given meals I wouldn't offer a dog, I really mean that, I only wish I could upload a picture. PLEASE DON'T EAT DINER HERE! The hotel has a happy hour, 25% off drinks at the bar between 5pm and 8pm. 1 guy on the first night over charged us, no discount. The second night I asked for a receipt and sure enough full priced, I mentioned the happy hr to him and I got the difference right away. 5 mins later he over charged several colleagues. A joke!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Simon

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor.
I was very sorry to learn that you were so unhappy with the food served at dinner and that you had problems securing the Happy hour discounts. I would ask that you accept my apologies for these issues and if you would be so kind as to email me with further details so that I can fully investigate and come back to you.

Yours Sincerely
gm@encoreleicester.com

Reviewed 9 December 2013

First of all, for a 3 star this hotel is a value for money and I would definitely recommend it to others as it's very clean and is at a great location.

Upon arrival, the receptionist (with glasses) was very friendly but I entered into a room of 16 C degrees, seriously, and turning up the heating to 36 C (!) didn't help much either, it was a painful to get out of the hot shower.
A colleague of mine also staying here told me that you must go downstairs and complain a bit at reception and then they somehow twist or push a knob behind the counter and then.. magic.. my room was warm for the second night!

If you are not into English breakfast, I would not suggest spending Ł7 on it except if you only eat cereals.
In the evening I had a mushroom soup with fresh, warm baguettes at the restaurant which was perfect.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and woudl reccomend us to others.
I was sorry to learn that your room was so cold on arrival. It would appear that the previous guest had set the temperature on Chill 16 degress. Our Room attendants do set all the rooms to 23 degress when they clean the rooms although it woudl appear that your room was missed. I would ask that you accept my apologies for this oversight,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is a great location but unfortunately the Leicester one way system goes into over drive when you are trying to find it!! You can park in the ncp over the road and you get a 60% discount from the hotel. Great room, great price, great location. Just about the book again for another night out in Leicester.

Room Tip: Any closer and you will be on the clock tower