“Beware latebooking.com”

Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beware latebooking.com”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Comfortable Hotel ,very central however beware booking a Twin bedded room and being given a Double bedded room ,as truculently being informed by the receptionist booking through an agency is only a request NOT a guarantee.
We were forced to endure a Double room ,as this was all they had available .
Difficult for two large,mature males!

Room Tip: Take care ..as an agency request will not be guaranteed.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to learn of the confusion with regard to your room allocation and fully understand how frustrating this would have been. Unfortunately some of the online booking sites do not have the facility to reserve a specific room type and do suggest that you follow up your request by contacting the hotel direct.

I sincerly hope that this did not spoil your trip to much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and a basic is a staff me member on reception but there was nobody u just had to stand and wait and having read previous reviews that staff help on bar area this cab be the case today as nobody was there either
I was checked into a room that had an awful smell so had to ask to be changed the next room didn't smell much better the air con system didn't work
We decided to eat in the restaurant what a mistake that was the food was average and the customer service the worst ever
Staff were lazy not polite and it wasnt even busy
Having read previous reviews on here I blame the gm he will probably give a standard reply to this but his time would probably be better spent training his staff in customer service or maybe he needs some training himself

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent reviiew of our hotel.
I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely happy with your stay and have taken careful note all the comments you have raised.
I certainly take responsibility for the standards of service we provide and shall be relating to your experiences in our staff training as we move forward.
I would ask that you accept my apologies for the points you have raised and hope that you will not be detered from staying with us again in the near future.
Henrik Jespersen

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

If you are looking for somewhere simple and not to fussy about where you will be staying, Ramada is an option for you. Being closer to the high street, its a nice location with many restaurants nearby. The train station isn't too far too.
The hotel itself has a warm glowing atmosphere as soon as you step in. The rooms have basic stuff in it. Nothing grand about it. The shower room is good but none of their rooms have the bathtubs according to one of the staff members.
The food is alright but unfortunately there is no room service for it. The reason being they didn't have adequate staff. Dressing up and going down every time for dinner was a bit of a hassle for me. The service is not impressive as it takes ages to get something you ask for as room service. I had to call thrice to get an iron.
Staff is polite though and the breakfast is good too. It will cater to everyone's needs.
Overall, its not too bad but far from luxury too. However if you are looking for something basic, thats the place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear M Maryam
Thank you very much for your review on our Hotel follwoing your recent visit to Leicester.
I was pleased to see that you liked the Hotel and that its location was convenient for you.
I have noted your comments with regard to the provision of room service and understand how this would have enhanced your stay further. Although room service is not a provision within teh Encore brand, we will deliver room service when eber possible, although we do not staff for this service.
I thank you again for your comments and hope we will see you again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Good location but very difficult to find for us nice room and bar area the room was a family room which was fine. Parking was available in diff car parks but once again not cheap as always seems case in city centre hotels. Leicester was nice We had a nice Indian in high cross which is the main shopping area in Leicester Would use hotel again and shower room was very nice walk in shower room. Cheap enough too

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your visit to Leicester.
I hope that we will see you again very soon.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in December 2013 as had a function to attend nearby. Firstly, this hotel is a nightmare to find, your Sat Nav won't find it by entering the postcode, it's situated on the most annoying one way system in the centre of Leicester. No apparent car parking so you have to leave your car in a nearby NCP car park-be warned this is not a very nice area to be walking around! I had to drive around in circles trying o find the car park in a very dodgy area.
The hotel has no reception, well, there's a bar that doubles as a reception. Staff were busy serving drinks rather than book guests in. Eventually checked in and found my room.
The rooms are not nice! Very, very spartan, the fake wood veneer flooring was very dirty & dusty, especially under the bed, I dropped a pen & it rolled under the bed so I had to retrieve it along with the dust under there.
The room was far too hot & there was no way of adjusting the temperature, the controls didn't work at all. The window did not open & the view was dreadful-the service yard at the back of the hotel & was very noisy with the plant running constantly. Even with the window shut it was very noisy. If I had to stay a second night I'd have booked into a different hotel!
The only saving grace was it was a cheap room but as my company were paying even this did not make it better.
Book somewhere else-after this experience I won't stay in another Encore hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel following your stay in December. I was very sorry to learn that you were not entirely happy with your expereince and would ask that you accept my apologies.
I do agree that the one way system in Leicester can be a little confusing, however we do list the Rutland Center NCP Post code on our brichures and web site to facilitate easy navigation to the Hotel. The Hotel is situated in the Cultural Quarter which is very well lit.
The Hotel does have a reception area which is clearly seperate from the Bar and quite distinctive in its layout and equipment, although the staff do assist the bar when required. I am sorry if this caused you some delay or confsuion.
I would also ask that you accept my apologies for the dust under the bed, Please be assured that this has been rectified.
Unfortuately, in a city centre hotel, you cannot avoid hearing some sounds from the city and neighbouring buidlings, whilst this is not an issue we usually have problems with, especially in the inward facing rooms, I am truly sorry that this caused you some disturbance.
Once again, I thank you for your comments.
Sincerely
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights !The location was perfect just 2 minutes walk from the shopping center,10 minutes walk from the railway station and 20 minutes from the University.The room was very comfortable, clean and modern designed and that made our stay very pleasant !with tea coffee facilities and also biscuits !!!
We had dinner one night at the restaurant ,did not get the 25% off although they had the offer of "happy hour" between 5-8.I would not recommend having dinner there but staying in this hotel i would definitely recommend it !!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Georgia
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you liked the hotel and would return. I would apologise however for the fact that you did not recieve the happy hour discount.
Sincerely
Norfolk
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Arrived at midday (09/12/13) receptionist could not have been more cheerful and was very helpful, checked us in as room was available, provided a map of the city, and explained where to go. When we returned to the hotel she asked if we had found what we wanted. Room and public areas good.
Ramada Encore must be the best of the budget brands and with the Independent £20.00 per room per night offer, unbeatable value. Hotel is right in the middle of the city with a car park next door. We will return

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Del & Ang
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor, I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, liked our Hotel and though our receptionist was so cheerful and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.
Sincerley