“Thank goodness I only paid £55 to stay here.”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
England
“Thank goodness I only paid £55 to stay here.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is very basic and the rooms a bit cold and unwelcoming (I think it was he wooden floors). Otherwise the staff were great and I had a fab nights keep. Really good breakfast and a great location. I may have been disappointed if I had paid more for the room, but at £55 it wasn't bad for the location.

I wouldn't stay here again personally, but it is ok for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Emma

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to return.
I also understand your comments with regard to the wooden floors, they can make the rooms a little cold on arrival, particularly in the winter. We do usually try and pre heat the rooms when we know there will be a cold snap in the weather.
Henrik Jespersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Valentines Day 2014, we weren't in the hotel for very long as where shopping and then out for dinner. But overall all very good stay, clean, modern and friendly staff. One problem was with the windows being floor to ceiling the curtains didn't cover the floor so at 6am the sun was cracking through but not a major issue! Would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Lucy

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on trip advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to return and have taken note of your comments with regard the curtains being a little short in your room.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had a stop over here on Valentines night as we had tickets for a comedian at the Curve which is only a stones throw away. It is a lovely clean hotel, still quite new and central to the city of Leicester. We decided to eat here as time was limited before the gig. We had lasagne and a couple of glasses of wine each and it was good and the price was reasonable also. A pint of Peroni and large dry white came to just over six pound if brought at certain times which is excellent.

Our Room was a nice size and very clean, plenty of towels and good facilities.

The service we received at the hotel was superb, the staff kind and attentive at all times, many thanks for that!!!

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Paul E

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to recommend us to others.
I trust that the Comedian at Curve was equally pleasing.
lincoln uk
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have never wrote a negative review before or had the need to. But this experience was so bad I have to raise it. The hotel was very nicely presented, the rooms were fine, the location was fantastic but all this was spoilt by the customer service. The booking process was a shambles and it got worse from there. Firstly due to making a large booking for a older mature group we were promised quiet rooms on the higher floors and that 2 of the rooms were definitely going to be on the 7th floor for 2 nights. we were even given the room numbers in writing. However only one of the rooms was given on the 7th floor and a lot of the other rooms were on lower floors. we were addressed rudely by a very unhelpful man on reception who was not prepared to do anything to rectify the errors. Then when going to one of the rooms to get ready to go out for a pre booked event there was no lighting we was told someone would come and fix it immediately. 20 mins later after getting ready using the lit corridor no one had still arrived so had to ask again, when they did arrive it was a common fault and rectified in seconds. We then returned to the hotel later that evening at 10.30pm and ask for a coffee and was told there was none at that time of night? next morning at breakfast that was served until 11am at 10.15am ask for the hash browns to be replaced and was told that there was no more. A happy hour was advertised for alcoholic drinks but the whole group was continually charged full price unless queried. The next evening was unable to purchase a glass of wine after midnight. The following morning had to wait 20 mins for bacon to be refilled each time there was no apology or explanation it is obviously a normal procedure to treat paying guest this way. The list was endless and tainted what was otherwise a enjoyable weekend .We was promised our rewards would be added to our card this is still not done and that the manager would contact us regarding the appalling service we received which hasn't happened either despite on several occasions asking for this to happen. Needless to say I would never use this hotel again or would recommend anyone to do so.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip advisor following your stay with us in February.
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the catalouge of issues you have raised and secondly for the fact that you have not had a response from me. I was not aware of the issues you expreienced.
I am obviously concerned that the service we provided appears to have fallen short of our usually high standatrds of service and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. From your trip advisor name, I am unable to identify who you are and would ask that you call me at the Hotel at your convenience.

Sincerely
Henrik Jespersen

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

group of 6 girls, in 2 interconnecting rooms, brilliant location for the pubs and clubs we went to, rooms were really big, loads of room for us to get ready :) only stayed one night, took me ages to find the car park though, so it can be a bit tricky if you're carrying a heavy bag and get lost like I did haha, great room, great location, couple of minutes walk from train station and right next to buses. ate at wetherspoons round the corner - would return again to the same hotel if I needed to.

Room Tip: we were given 2 separate rooms when we checked in, we needed to ask to be moved to interconnecting a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Suzi

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to return. I have also noted and agree with your comments concerning teh interconnecting rooms, we shoudl have picked that up earlier.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

There was parking available at an NCP car park situated behind the hotel, which was £10 for 24hrs for hotel guests.

My girlfriend, who lives in Leicester, had chosen the ramada because of its central location. We had breakfast at a pancake place just over the road from the main entrance, towards the town centre, which I would recommend.

We were given a first floor room but asked to be moved to a higher floor for aesthetic reasons, which we were with no hassle.

The room was clean and spacious. It was quite cold at first but once the heater was on it warmed up nicely.

The bathroom had a walk in shower which added a nice touch. Bed was comfy but pillows could have been better!

Overall a pleasant experience. Would recommend for anyone to stay in.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dubmandeep
Irby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights.
Cons: Difficult to find if arriving by car. No parking at hotel but NCP car park across the road at a reduced rate of £8 per 24 hours for hotel guests.
Only two electrical outlets in room, however this seems to be quite common in most UK hotels. One would think that, in this day and age, there would be more due to the fact that most people have phones, cameras, laptops, tablets, etc to charge.
Pros: Right in the middle of the city centre. Close to all attractions, pubs, restaurant, shopping centre and market. Clean and well maintained. Friendly and efficient staff. Rooms clean and tidy. Comfortable beds. Coffee making facilities. TV. Wi fi worked fine. Fresh linen and towels changed daily.
Nice relaxed bar area. A little pricey compared to pubs in the area but not over the top. Didn't eat here so can't comment on the food.
Wetherspoons just around the corner and a fantastic Keralan restaurant (The Kayal) about 5 minutes walk away on Granby Street - not far from the train station.
We got this hotel on a deal for £20 per night which I thought was an excellent bargain. However, their regular rates are good value also. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Outrageous
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our city. Kayal is also one of my favourite restaurants in teh City.
I hope that we will see you again very soon.