“Traffic Noise was Terrible”

Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Room 118
Room was excellent apart from only one of the two main lights where working.
Room location was terrible, I stopped on a Saturday night, room location was right beside the main road, all i heard all night was traffic noise & blaring horns. In these rooms they seriously need to invest in some better noise reduction.

Room Tip: avoid these rooms 118, 120 & i should think the same rooms on the upper floor 218, 220 etc
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chris b
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Chris B

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay with us.

Being a city centre hotel, we are unfortunately subject to some city centre noises. I would ask that you accept my apologies for any disturbance caused. I sincerly hope you will not be deterred from staying with us again where we would look to allocate a hiher floor for you.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Lovely hotel nice room and great location for Central Leicester. Subsidised parking available very close by and the staff were mainly very friendly.

Unfortunately I chose this hotel as it had twin rooms available to book, I booked 2. On arrival we were checked into 2 double rooms. I enquired at reception to be told that when booking a twin it's not guaranteed. Apparently it's in the small print.
The only compromise that was offered was the sofa beds being made up in the room. They were not at all comfortable. Very thin mattress and I could feel the springs . Would be a nice hotel if travelling as a couple avoid if travelling with friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review on our Hotel. I was sorry to see that we were unable to provide you with a Twin room. I am not sure which On line booking site you used but there are some that do not facilitate the allocation of a particular room type and it is always advisable to contact the hotel direct, where specific requirements are required.

I would ask that you accept my apologies for any discomfort suffered and hope that you will not be deterred from returning to us again in the Future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a cheap deal for one night in Leicester ... simply to enjoy one of their fabulous curry houses without having to worry about driving home afterwards.

Not expecting much of the hotel we were very pleasantly surprised to find it smart, clean, modern and with very attentive staff.

I was able to book in an hour early, and the room was very well equipped and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints and we would definitely stay there again.

It's very centrally situated with a big, safe NCP car park close by. (cost £8 per 24 hours if staying at the hotel)

Ideal all round for shopping trips, theatre evenings etc.

Room Tip: We had room 412 facing away from Charles St at the front of the hotel - very quiet, away from lifts...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sally K

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to write a review on our Hotel following your recent stay with us.
I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the Hotel and our staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The room was clean and the staff were efficient at checking us in and out. The bed was a bit soft and we didn't sleep particularly well (Premier Inn definitely has more comfortable beds!) but everything that we needed was available and the bar downstairs was nice, although the restaurant was over priced. However, as the hotel is so central it is easy to walk a few steps to nicer restaurants and bars if required. I saw a few foreign customers who had little English struggling with one of the staff when they were trying to make a reservation. The staff member made absolutely NO attempt to speak slowly and was using colloquial expressions that clearly confused the prospective guests. She wasn't unpleasant but clearly needed some training - or they need a receptionist who speaks more than 'Northern'. Value was excellent as we paid £20 in their flash sale.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you felt we provided Value for Money and that you liked teh facilities we have to offer.
Thank you also for the additional comments with regard to your mattress and your observations concerning our receptionist on duty.

I hope that you will return again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very modern hotel with a nice crisp finish, rooms are basic but have everything that you would require for a short stay.
Wi-Fi in the rooms (free)
Tea /coffee
Hairdryer
Freeview TV

Bathroom very modern with walk in wet room area, heating control in my room did not seem to work properly and it was too warm at night so opened window and you do get quite a lot of out side noise

Full English breakfast available which was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew Spiers

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review on trip advisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you liked our Hotel and that it met with your requirements. I woudl ask that you accept my apologies however for the faulty AC controler in your room. I am aware that we have had to chance a couple last week. I sincerely hope that this did not spoil your stay.

SIncerely

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is very basic and the rooms a bit cold and unwelcoming (I think it was he wooden floors). Otherwise the staff were great and I had a fab nights keep. Really good breakfast and a great location. I may have been disappointed if I had paid more for the room, but at £55 it wasn't bad for the location.

I wouldn't stay here again personally, but it is ok for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Emma

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to return.
I also understand your comments with regard to the wooden floors, they can make the rooms a little cold on arrival, particularly in the winter. We do usually try and pre heat the rooms when we know there will be a cold snap in the weather.
Sincerley

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Valentines Day 2014, we weren't in the hotel for very long as where shopping and then out for dinner. But overall all very good stay, clean, modern and friendly staff. One problem was with the windows being floor to ceiling the curtains didn't cover the floor so at 6am the sun was cracking through but not a major issue! Would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Lucy

Thank you very much for your recent review of our Hotel on trip advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to return and have taken note of your comments with regard the curtains being a little short in your room.

Sincerley