“Excellent location Hotel.”

Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent location Hotel.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Ramada Encore Leicester is a very nice hotel with excellent staff too welcome you as you enter; it was right in the city center of Leicester with all the shops and local bars and Restaurants within walking distances and near the Leicester market, about 10 – 15 minutes walking from train station. we booked a double bedroom on the fourth floor that was quieter at the back of the hotel the room was very clean and had a nice size modem style with a Comfortable bed to sleep in and with clean sheets, the room also had air condition a desk, wall mirrors, chair, a medium size flat screen TV (with preview channels), and free Wi-Fi, the bathroom was also modern with a walk in shower that was nice to see in a hotel. (As many don’t have one)

I have read many bad reviews of this hotel but found none of them is true in our opinion I think many people are just too picky in life and always compare five stars with three stars hotels,

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel on the 28th of July 2014. To celebrate our 10th anniversary.

When we travel back to Leicester again we will stay at this hotel.

Have a nice day.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room anything above fourth floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Michael H

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our Hotel following your stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you and your wife liked our Hotel and that you would be pleased to return. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel has nice central location and the staff was helpful. My husband has stayed here in the past for work and found it acceptable. But from a woman's perspective ... In their quest to be modern and green, I found the bathroom lacking what I consider necessities. There are no towel racks just 2 knobs in with the shower. The hand towel had to be kept on the sink. To be green there was a card telling us to put towels back on the shelves. How are they suppose to dry on shelves? There also was no place to hang your robe while you showered. The whole bathroom was wet from the steam so you couldn't place your clothes on the shelves. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review of our Hotel following your stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you liked the location and though that our staff were friendly.

I was sorry to see however that you were not to keen on our wet rooms and the facilities they provide. Whilst these rooms have proved very popular with the majority of our guests, I would agree, you have made some very valid comments, which we would hope to action as we develop the hotel further. I also think that we should change the wording on our Green sign, as this does not make much sense. Thank you.

I do hope you would re consider returning in the near future.

Henrik Jespersen

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Fleetwood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very enjoyable stay service was excellent. This is the second time we have stayed here and we will definitely visit again.
The staff were very friendly and any problems were dealt with immediately.

Our only complaint was the prices of the food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Susan H

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel following your recent return stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that once again you enjoyed our hotel and your stay.
We are in the process of reviewing our Menu and will endeavour to ensure that it is competitively priced.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight whilst on business. Although their check in times state until 00:00 there was no issue with me checking in at 01:00. The bed was comfortable, the room was a decent size and the wet room was a nice feature.

There were a few issues however;
1) The drain stunk when taking a shower
2) The staff seemed to have a few issues with the system in check out and were unsure whether or not the room had been paid for

Aside from these small points a good budget stay.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Amanda E
Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked our accommodation facilities. I would apologise however for the confusion concerning your account on check in.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We travel a lot and have visited Leicester on some occasions because have a son stiying there. We find this hotel very comfortable and with a superb location. Modern in style and with excellent staff makes it a place to stay and enjoy. Really good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that this was a return stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future, when you come to visit your son again.
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Disappointed again with the quality of this hotel. Having checked into my room 20 minutes later my door was flung open with another guest walking in who had also been checked into my room. This seemed to be the theme of the week as I witnessed several other guests complaining that they had booked 2 rooms and only been given 1 or none at all Staff are not the most helpful and sometimes boarder on being rude. Breakfast is probably the worst I have experienced in a hotel, evening meals are also hit and miss and would strongly recommend you avoid eating in, there is plenty of choice within a 5 minute walk so not a real issue. On the plus point it is within walking distance from the train station and plenty of shops and restaurants. Given the choice I would not stay at this hotel but unfortunately as I travel for work it is not a decision I can make however if you are paying you might want to consider another hotel

Room Tip: do not stay at the front of the hotel as it tended to be a lot of noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with our Hotel, in particular the food served at Breakfast and dinner. I would also like to offer my apologies for the confusion that occurred at check in with your room allocation. Please be assure that these comments have been addressed with me team so that any necessary improvements can be made.
I sincerely hope that you will be returning to the Hotel at some point when I trust you will notice a difference.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just spent two nights at this hotel for our daughters graduation. The hotel looks modern and the rooms a spacious and the beds are comfortable, although the air conditioning was not working and the hotel room was filthy. I complained to reception and they arranged for the room to be cleaned, but on our return the floor was still very dirty. We checked under the bed and the floor had not been cleaned for a number of weeks. I was told at reception that the air conditioning would be repaired, but this didn't happen. So my advise to any future clients is that this may appear to be good value for money, but the standard of accommodation is poor!!!

Room Tip: Avoid if possible. Plenty of better hotels in the city.

Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay and that you were let down by our maintenance and Housekeeping departments. Please be assured that your comments have been discussed with the relevant members of my team and remedial action has been taken.