“The Summer Sundae”

Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
London, United Kingdom
“The Summer Sundae”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights, the staff were very welcoming on my arrival and throughout my stay always friendly and courteous. The room was comfortable and quite large but would benefit from air con as it was quite stuffy, though unprompted, the staff did explain about a fault in the hotels cooling system which was awaiting repair. The breakfast was a bargain for a fiver which was a discounted price if booked a day in advance. I would definitely stay again. Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m very happy that we were able to make your
stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis in Leicester again very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

cheap and cheerful hotel.. good value but extras add up if you choose the options like breakfast and internet connection

staff were great.. parking limited

hotel in between busy ring road and train station so on one side you have cars going past all day or on the other side announcements at the train station
this problem can be solved by closing the window so stops all outside noise... people complain about the heat but the rooms come with AC unit which is powereful enough

main problem was the bathroom which was clean but nasty smell emanating from drains.... needs a good clean with some bleach

Room Tip: ask for room on road side to avoid train station announcments
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bhaisabs F
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a
review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you
again in the very near future. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed for one night in April and glad I'd only booked the one night. Staff were more interested in hanging about chatting with each other than sorting out guests. Checked in and was almost thrown our room key with no information as to what room or where it was, asking about parking with the staff was like I was asking something in a different language, They couldn't seem to tell us where to park car if hotel car park was full. Which it was. The bed was very uncomfortable and badly made but not only the that it was if they had dipped the sheets in starch and I actually ended up feeling like I had carpet burns from them even just turning over on them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate all feedback and I will look into the points your raised personally, in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Leicester in the future. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The hotel is very close to the railway station and also the city centre. I had a spacious room overlooking a busy street running alongside the hotel so I mainly got noise from there, not the rails as I was afraid. Better sound-proofing would be good, but at night the traffic is not so bad and it didn't bother me. On a related note, the air conditioning wasn't working at all. I was fortunate that it wasn't particularly hot outside during my stay so I could sleep with closed window. The mattresses are seriously very basic and not the most comfortable, however I was able to get a good sleep nonetheless.

The en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower was overall clean, although could have been scrubbed harder, there was some dust on the towel handles.

There is a TV with some basic channels. Unfortunately, internet is not complimentary.

Breakfast is 5 GBP if you decide the day before (otherwise 7,5 GBP) and is excellent. Hot options include very good sausages, eggs and beans, only bacon was a bit of a let down. Cold choices include freshly baked croissants, jams or nutella, one type of ham and cheese, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, Actimel and of course cereals.

Overall - I guess this is what you expect from an Ibis, good quality at an afforardable price (especially during promotions).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much
and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at the ibis hotel in
Leicester. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Staff were very helpful. Room adequate.

Negatives:
Paying for internet - very expensive and we did not want the films too. Most hotels do not charge for internet and neither do your own ones in France.
We had to return the next night so it cost us 20 pounds just to retrieve some information we needed overall.

Would have eaten in but choice limited and made a presumption (perhaps wrongly) that the meals would be pre-packaged and therefore frozen to microwave.

Some noise but due to proximity to lift. Is it possible to take the 'ding' out of the lift calling system?

Overall the stay was fine but wanting to let you know what could be improved.

Not totally sure we would stay at this IBIS again, which is not normally the case.

Kind regards
Jane Blanes

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Many thanks for your comments. All feedback is appreciated and I am glad you had a pleasant stay. I will look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Leicester in the future. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke