“Great for £35”
Review of Ibis Leicester

Ibis Leicester
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 30 October 2012

For £35 a night and the centre of Leics this place is great value.

The whole is place is basic but modern and clean - so for a one night stay what more do you need.

Service - Staff were also friendly which you don't always get in budget places
Value - Very good.
Sleep Quality - Bed is very big and comfortable.
Clean - Very Clean
Bathroom - Very clean, good shower.
Location - Great for the city center.
Parking - random, but plenty of places under the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re so glad to have
been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the ibis hotel in Leicester on your next visit. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

There are newer reviews for Ibis Leicester

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Clean, modern hotel. Short walk from railway station and shops. Clean, good-sized room. Friendly reception staff. I didn't use the bar or food service, so I don't have any opinions on that. Short walk to a Wetherspoons for bargain priced meals. I have no complaints about my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad
you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis in Leicester very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is self-evidently a budget hotel. Nothing wrong with that if the service is appropriate and it represents value. It didn't for me on this occasion. Starte with the positives: the bed and bedding was comfortable, and the room was spacious. The bathroom is a spacious pod with adequate circulation space inside and a good sized shower. However the plumbing had not been maintained: the shower leaked most of its water and pressure at the hose connection. The plug failed to retain water in the basin. The toilet seat shifted disturbingly.

The hotel reception area has a long counter serving as reception at one end and bar/food ordering at the other. The reception staff appear to fulfil both sets of duties. My first evening, I waited at the bar 10 minutes whilst a long queue at check-in were served. I gave up and went out for a meal. The next evening I waited another ten minutes until I caught the eye of a receptionist. I ordered lasagne and salad, and there was an annoying delay because my credit card had not been registered by reception. I had to go to my room to fetch it for prior aurthorisation, in order to charge the food to my room. I felt untrusted.

Later I found my non service on the first evening had been my good fortune. The lasagne had obviously been cooked in the microwave. The grated cheese on top had not fully melted, and the dish had a uniformly beige colour on top. The contents had been zapped into a gloopy mess. At £7.95 the value of this unloved culinary disaster compared very unfavourably with similarly priced bar meals in other, better quality local hotels.

I had purchased a non refundable room and broadband package. Broadband and TV service was erratic on the first two evenings. It stopped altogether on the third evening, then I could not get a service at all on the Thursday. I spent 10 minutes on an 0800 number to some distant country in Asia typing ipconfig instructions into my laptop to no avail. I went down to reception to complain and cancel the broadband package. The barman/receptionist agreed and typed something into the computer. My bill the next morning had not been amended and I had been charged in full.

This could be a reasonable budget hotel if the staff paid attention to some basic details: check room facilities are properly maintained; train staff to cook meals properly; ensure the balance between reception and bar/food ordering staffing is appropriate to ensure good service at both; and dump the elaborate broadband/tv/movies service which clearly is unreliable. Oh, and the 15 minute pledge of rectification without charge for poor or non service has obviously not been drummed into the staff here.

There is an 's' missing from the description of this establishment: not hotel but hostel.

I have complained to Accor hotels. I will update this report if I get satisfaction.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was a pleasant stay. At £40 a night the beds were large, comfy and the room was clean. Brilliant location, only a 5 minute walk to get to the main street in the city (and I walk pretty slowly too!) Breakfast was okay - scrambled eggs didn't look appetising but everything else was pretty good! The chocolate muffins were especially tasty. All staff I encountered were happy and helpful. Stayed here for a little break away with my boyfriend and if I ever want to return to Leicester I will happily choose this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the main road as it can be a little noisy if it's hot and you want the windo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for two nights at Ibis Leicester and found the hotel to be a very good base - close to the city centre. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean. Staff were courteous and helpful and the breakfast buffet offered excellent choice of food, well prepared. At £92 for two nights for two people, we have absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Many thanks for your positive comments, I’m happy you found your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis in Leicester in the future. Kind regards Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed in the Ibis Leicester for two nights which attending a dance event. The hotel was clean, receptionist was pleasant. Our room was fine.
We had managed to book the room on one of the deals for £40 per night, we chose to add breakfast when we got there.
Breakfast was fine, plenty of selecation to suit all tastes.
Our one grumble would be the time it took to order any food in the evenings, there just werent enough staff, there were a large number of us staying there for a dance event and it took some people an hour to get served, not good!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much
and we hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Leicester on a future occasion. Kind Regards Sarah Clarke