“ibis”
Review of Ibis Leicester

Ibis Leicester
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 20 October 2013

located opposite much bigger, blue building that is the premier inn; close to train station.
Bit cold during the cold weather, fair value for 50 pounds. No thrills but the basics are OK, what you expect from budget / business traveller hotels. Staff were friendly. Much superior to the dirty Ibis near Euston station in London which was twice the price

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback which is much appreciated. I hope you will choose us for your next visit. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ibis is great for business travellers as it's spacious, clean and comfortable. It also offers a super early breakfast at 5am weekdays and 6am on the weekend until 12pm. I would not recommend for romantic getaways or luxury stays, but to get your head down after a night out, like me, it is perfect.

BTW, the car park has limited availability so we did not get a space, but there is a 24 hours car park over the road for £6.00.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed for five nights with a group of friends, occupying three rooms, for a convention at the nearby hotel, and very much enjoyed my stay. We were up fairly early each day and we would come back late on the nights, but even though we were in costume (and therefore probably quite bizarre to other people) everybody was very friendly and helpful to us.

I had prebooked on the Ibis website and it cost us approx. £580 in total, which when broken down was in fact very very affordable, especially considering the length of our stay.

Parking is limited, but we were able to get a space, and the free wifi did work for one of my friends, though I could not get my tablet or phone to connect to it properly myself. Free wifi is, however, something of a bonus, so it didn't trouble me overmuch.

It's not far to walk into town for shops/food/pubs, and it's very near the train station. I had my window open most nights and yes, I could hear the station (trains, announcements, etc) but this did not disturb me in the slightest.

The water in the bathroom did smell extremely chlorinated, but that's not a huge deal either.

I would definitely use this hotel again, many thanks to everybody there =]

We stayed from September 4th through to September 9th.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed their stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Myself, partner and friends stayed here for a weekend while visiting friends and going to the carnival. It was situated close to the town center for all clubs, restaurants and shops, which was good for us.
The hotel was clean the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were spotless on arrival and were cleaned everyday if requested. I would stay here again the next time I visit Leicester.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having stayed in an excellent competing chain hotel in Manchester, i knew it would be hard to compare. This one is close to town on a very busy corner. Food is awful and the wine i had was terrible. Staff appeared disinterested. My room was ok but had the bare minimum. Sleep was bad because of people making a racket late and early. Really i dont c the point of a 24 hour hotel. It means oeople csn come and go all hours....and they did. Shower was ok. Housekeeping not thorough either. Needs to smarten up.

Room Tip: A corner room could b good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments and suggestions have been duly noted. I do hope that you may choose to visit again in the future. Kind regards Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed for one night, pre booked part of a 44 day ibis/ european stay. All pre booked. On arrival was told there were no Double Beds, our comment was that because we were Gay. Suddenly a double bed appeared.
Funny as well at 10.30 pm that same evening the night staff informed us they still had a double bed available.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them no double bed no stay. lol
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aussiecheftonyv

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your room request and trust that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you may choose to stay again in the future. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a quick trip to Leicester races on the way back from a trip to Bolton & wanted a cheap overnight nearby. Paid £45 for a double room for 1 night.

We had a bit of trouble finding the parking, which is very very limited, but as we arrived someone else left so we managed to get the car in. There are only about 10 spaces so get there early!

We took the lift up to reception which also has the bar/restaurant in it. 2 staff (1 reception, 1 bar) greeted us, asked if we'd stayed before & gave us a bit of info regarding eating & times of services etc, very helpful. We stayed for a drink before going up to the room. Prices were not too expensive either.

We had a room on the 5th floor facing away from the main road. Room was reasonably spacious with a good sized bathroom, extra pillows & plenty of hanging space & space for luggage. All very clean & tidy. The bed was very comfortable & i slept well with a little bit of noise from the road, but nothing major.

We didnt eat at the hotel, but we did return for another drink late in the evening & had a couple of liquer coffee's. The bar was very quiet, just a few builders who were working in the area but it was quite nice with a bit of background music & staff available if we needed them.

For the price we paid we were very happy. It was a good location for what we wanted (£10 in a taxi to the races) and a short walk into the town centre. Clean, tidy & helpful staff. What more can you ask for £45.

Recommended

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claire31373

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke