“Splendid Weekend”

Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 6 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

There are newer reviews for Ibis Leicester

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A decent, budget hotel slap bang in the middle of town with great staff and comfortable rooms. The only gripe was the room smelt very badly of stale cigarettes.

I arrived at the hotel very late and had to get to the football ground quickly. I literally dumped my bags in the room and went outside to jump in a taxi.

When I put my bags in the room I thought it odd that the window was wide open, not slightly ajar but full on open with the safety catches removed. I closed the windows and left.

When I arrived back I went straight into the bar to grab something to eat, food was ok to be honest but the menu lacking in choice. Staff were great, very attentive.

I ate my food and went back to the room. That’s when I realised the problem with the smell. I didn’t complain at the time as it had gone midnight and the thought of getting dressed and moving to another room wasn’t overly appealing.

When I checked out I pointed the problem out to the receptionist purely to let her know rather than make a big scene as in fairness I still slept very well. The receptionist immediately called the manager over who had no hesitation in crediting my room rate back even though I didn’t ask her too. Excellent customer service though I did wonder though if she already new that a complaint might be coming her way.

I couldn’t complain about the service, the cleanliness of the rooms or the quality of sleep as it was all very good. They only thing perhaps lacking was that room shouldn't have been issued until the problem had been resolved.

That said, it's just a shame that in this day and age inconsiderate smokers cause problems for both hotels and guests.

Room Tip: Avoid 007, it smells of smoke
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel was very good, centrally located. The room was clean and had everything I needed, except perhaps a bath, but I didn't mind. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The only small problem was the noise from the railway station and the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and your comments have been duly noted. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I chose IBIS city as it was close to the offices where I would be working. So on the basis that it was 6 minutes walk, 8 minutes if the multitude of traffic lights were against me.

My checking in and checking out was flawless. I was clearly expected!!

Room was very clean, superb shower and a mega comfy bed.

The only gripe I have was the very limited channels available on the TV. About 6 from memory.

Given the age of freeview I cannot see why a greater choice of channels is available. I have stayed at IBIS Budget hotels also and TV choice is much better.

I guess if I was being cynical the lack of TV channels may tempt guests to sign up for the £9.99 per day multi media and TV package....!!

Advice - Renew TV's to give greater choice, even the teletext was in the format last seem in the late 1980's

Having said that the breakfast hit the spot, although maybe a bit more choice around fruit (rather than 1970's tinned fruit cocktail) may be a good, healthy eating etc...five a day!!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I hope that you enjoyed your time with us and I have noted your comments which are much appreciated.Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Ibis Leicester and changed rooms twice. The first room was badly cleaned with sticky cup ring marks on desk and bedside table, hairs in the shower, broken kettle, wifi so slow it was unusable, and the water in the bathroom smelled so unpleasant i couldn't brush my teeth. The main problem however was very itchy in bed and didn't sleep very well at all the first night.
I reported the itchy bed to reception in the morning and asked if I could change rooms. The receptionist didn't apologise at all and gave me the impression she didn't believe me. I was given another room but this one had 5 long hairs on the bed and pillow! I reported this to a different receptionist and she came with me to the room to see for herself (again I felt she didn't believe me). After seeing the hairs she gave me a second new room (again no apology for my inconvenience). This room was also badly cleaned and had dusty cobwebs on the ceiling, stained carpets, slow wifi and desperately needed a lick of paint. I gave up trying to change rooms and wouldn't go back or recommend the place.
The only good thing was the fruit salad for breakfast which was above average.