“A welcome stay”
Review of Ibis Leicester

Ibis Leicester
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Leicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A decent, budget hotel slap bang in the middle of town with great staff and comfortable rooms. The only gripe was the room smelt very badly of stale cigarettes.

I arrived at the hotel very late and had to get to the football ground quickly. I literally dumped my bags in the room and went outside to jump in a taxi.

When I put my bags in the room I thought it odd that the window was wide open, not slightly ajar but full on open with the safety catches removed. I closed the windows and left.

When I arrived back I went straight into the bar to grab something to eat, food was ok to be honest but the menu lacking in choice. Staff were great, very attentive.

I ate my food and went back to the room. That’s when I realised the problem with the smell. I didn’t complain at the time as it had gone midnight and the thought of getting dressed and moving to another room wasn’t overly appealing.

When I checked out I pointed the problem out to the receptionist purely to let her know rather than make a big scene as in fairness I still slept very well. The receptionist immediately called the manager over who had no hesitation in crediting my room rate back even though I didn’t ask her too. Excellent customer service though I did wonder though if she already new that a complaint might be coming her way.

I couldn’t complain about the service, the cleanliness of the rooms or the quality of sleep as it was all very good. They only thing perhaps lacking was that room shouldn't have been issued until the problem had been resolved.

That said, it's just a shame that in this day and age inconsiderate smokers cause problems for both hotels and guests.

Room Tip: Avoid 007, it smells of smoke
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Switzerland
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel was very good, centrally located. The room was clean and had everything I needed, except perhaps a bath, but I didn't mind. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The only small problem was the noise from the railway station and the road.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and your comments have been duly noted. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke