“You can go if you have no other choice ”
Review of Ibis Leicester

Ibis Leicester
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Please don't be deluted that this place is a worthy of any acclaim- you are almost better of sleeping in the train station.
I arrived early evening and there was nowhere to park- staff gave me some confusing information about where to find a public car park which has happy to receive me at a cost of 6 pounds per day (which is not too bad but it is an extra).

The corridor leading to my room smell of something I cannot specify but was nevertheless unpleasant. I entered a small cold room whose carpet was dirty, there was missing paint from the bathroom door and the telephone cables were exposed. I put the heating on and headed to the restaurant.

The restaurant is a place where food is served after being reheated- I ordered the pizza and can honestly say it was disgusting in every way ( texture, taste)- I saw placentas in the operating theatre who looked more appetising.

As far as prices where concerned were ridiculous - almost £4 for a bowl of soggy chips is a joke.

So it is a run down, smelly, almost hazardous and very expensive hotel- if you have a choice, you are better off avoiding it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2014

You have to remember what this hotel is about -
Its an ideal stop over with good food , very helpful staff and good basic rooms
Check in is flexible and the rooms are clean and comfortable , just as needed
There was a hair dryer , kettle , TV ,internet , tea ,coffee too
The power shower in the plastic pod is fantastic and feels a pleasure to use , I worry with baths and showers in hotels , here I cannot fault the cleaners
Car parking is a slight issue as there are a few spaces but you could end up in pay and display parking , this cannot be helped I guess
The hotel is on a major road and train line but this seems to give little problem's in practice
I have stayed in far more expensive places that lack the cleanliness and staff detail this does , I always pick ibis on price and delivery when in leic

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m very glad
you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis in Leicester very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have just come back from a stay at the Ibis Leicester, we stayed at the Ibis Leicester mid week as it was a central meeting point for to meet a friend who lives further north. I can't recommend this hotel enough....

I travelled with my husband and our 8 month old and we met a friend there.

We had two rooms.

When I booked the hotel I booked one room for my family and said there was two adults and one child under 1 and another room for my friend. The week before we were due to arrive I emailed the hotel and asked for adjoining rooms, I had a reply within a few hours even though the automatic email you receive says 24 hours. They replied to say they had booked us adjoining rooms already.

When we arrived we had brought a travel cot with us as most other hotels I have stayed in make a bit of a to do about getting a cot to you, so easier to take our own. When we checked in (we arrived before my friend) we were greeted by very friendly staff and straight away asked if I needed a cot, I said we didn't. When she rang to see if our room was ready she apologised (!?) and said one had already been put up for us. Would I like for it to be taken down. I said no thank you, we will see what it's like. She said, please ring if we wanted it removed from our room if we decided we didn't want it.

When we got to our room which was clean and spacious the cot was perfect, I let my husband and baby get settled in and went off to meet my friend at reception, as soon as the lift opened the receptionist checked again if I wanted the cot, I said we were perfectly happy. We weren't expecting for it to be so easy to get a cot let alone have one already set up for us when we arrived!

My friend checked in and was also pleasantly surprised with how nice the staff were!

I can't recommend this hotel enough. As a parent travelling with a young baby it can be a hassle getting everything sorted for a trip let alone getting there and lugging everything that goes with a baby. I felt the staff were brilliant, I was offered help to our room, we didn't need it as hubby was there but was nice to be asked! We didn't eat as opted for the centre but the food looked good and seemed reasonable.

The only thing I would say, that has been mentioned in previous reviews was the parking is a bit tight!

• Stayed: February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for your positive comments, I am so pleased that the team were able to make your stay with us so pleasant. I hope we can welcome you and your little one back to the ibis in Leicester again very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed one night mid-week. Mixed feelings really. Good budget hotel, clean rooms and helpful staff. We were a pillow short and they sorted that out in double quick time. On the bad side, hubby & I asked requested a double room, and booked a couple of days ahead, however we got a twin - big bloke in a single bed - really not good for a restful night's sleep. Car park was pretty tight, not good if you have a big ish car. Lastly we needed to make a quick getaway because we had a business meeting starting in Central Leicester at 8:30, the poor lady on reception had found that the computer system had been upgraded the previous evening and no-one had trained her on it and she was having a very hard time trying to issue a VAT invoice. Surely it would have been better to do this when the hotel was quieter, or at leave give the poor lady some training!

1  Thank Cretanatheart
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give your constructive feedback which is very much appreciated. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us once again, to book a specific room type please give the hotel a quick call to advise that you require a double room and we wil do our utmost to accommodate your request. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 25 January 2014

enjoyed the breakfast. staff very friendly .housekeeping was done everyday. bedroom a bit small but very comfortable and very clean. cozy and compact bathroom. not very far from town. defiantly would go again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank 717sam1969

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Friendly staff- rooms clean and available from 12 o'clock. Towels quite small one fine one rough bedding clean and bed quite comfortable. Good location 5 minute walk to theatre bars shops and
railway station. Might gave eaten at hotel but it has a very limited menu.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we may be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke