“Blew me away”

Ranked #220 of 1,201 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Having a birthday party? Hen do? Or just a family get together? Why not come to Goa indian restaurant in Earl Shilton, we have been rated within the top 10 best indian takeaway within leicestershire on trip adviser and still hold the 9th place title. The restaurant has been praised by locals for the outstanding food and the brilliant service we provide. We cater to everyones needs so if somebody within the group or family don't like spice we can make certain dishes without spice or vice versa, we re also the only authentic indian restaurant within the area the rest of the takeaways and restaurants in the area are Bangladeshi or Pakistani this is an important factor for customers to know as our dishes contain more flavour and more spice rather than coconut, nuts and fruit. Come in and dine with us and share your experiences with others or simply phone up and come and collect your order if the order is collected and worth over £12 you will receive a 15% discount on your food we also have a delivery service spend over £24 and receive a free bottle of pop. Want a table for a certain date for a certain amount of people? Just give us a call no order is too small or too big.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I dined at the restaurant. yesterday, with my partner.
Having never dined there before, we walked into a charming atmosphere and a restaurant full of customers. It's always a good sign when a restaurant is filled with customers, it shows that others feel the restaurant is worth a visit, and it surely was. The staff were exceptional, both the young ladies and the young gentleman saw to our every need and made sure we were happy. They were smiley, polite and down to earth - not trying to rush us along with our meal like some waiters/ waitresses do.
The food was a bit of a wait because of the restaurant being so full, but it certainly lived up to expectations and was delightful - full of fresh ingredients prepared very well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. You're greeted with a smile, professionalism and enjoy excellent food. Go ahead and try it!

6  Thank Reviewerdoingreviews

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Goa looked like one of the few places open to eat at 9pm on a wednesday evening and we thought we'd give it a try as we were staying closeby.
Although it's quite a quite plain room, the service and the food were excellent.
Very friendly, helpful staff headed by a charming man who we presumed to be the owner.
The food came promptly and there was a good amount of it too. We couldn't actually eat it all which has to be a good sign.
It all tasted great and was well cooked.
I'd certainly eat here again if i was in Earl Shilton so visit with confidence. You won't be disappointed!

7  Thank youkillemwechillem
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This restaurant /takeaway is one reason I am glad that I live in Earl Shilton. I recently reviewed it and gave it 4 stars but after yet another superb meal I really do need to give it the 5th star

6  Thank PeterC555
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I ordered a takeaway from Goa the other day and it was just as brilliant an experience as on my my previous visits and orders. Please pay this super restaurant a visit or order some of their brilliant food as a takeaway; you will not be disappointed and they do deliver at the time they state when you order.Goa kis yet another reason I like living in Earl Shilton.

6  Thank PeterC555
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went with 3 friends on a Wednesday evening, the welcome on a cold night was very warm. We went with the banquet menu which included popadoms and chutneys, 5 different starters and then 4 curries with rice and naan bread, followed by a small sweet dessert, which was all brought to our table and described in detail what each was. The food was very tasty and well presented and options were found for a gluten free friend. A fantastic night out for a fabulous price with a very friendly and considerate host. Would definitely return.

5  Thank Paula R