“It's ok for once to try”
Review of The Ashoka

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Ashoka
Ranked #707 of 1,204 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

We went to Ashok last year it's nothing to be proud of but it's ok for once . I have been to many recommended places but have not been as good as portrayed . Food quantity is small and pricy , staff are good may be that's what I can say and then it's up to people to make up their mind as every one has different taste , and they should find out for themselves .

1  Thank 001234

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I visited on 26/01/2013. It was cold in the restaurant. The food arrived and i was shocked at the low quantity, especially the main Chicken dish at a cost of £8.50. They would not put heating on even after complaining. This is one of those greedy places and I do not know how they get away with it. I have given 2 stars because most of the food was generally tasty. This will be only visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Nilesh P
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Having returned to Leicester for a visit having moved away 9 years ago, my wife was keen on tying the Ashoka again as its her favourite korma. They did not let us down, freshest naan, hottest, freshly cooked food and service to die for(what other restauranteur can remember the names of guests after 9 years?). Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Just wish it was nearer to our home town of cardiff

Barry & Debbie

1  Thank bazzag61
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I came to leicester for a short visit. Then went to Ashoka. Enjoyed the food. The butter chicken was the best I have tried so far. Staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was the third time I had visited the resturant previous experiences have been fine but this time we waited at least 45 minutes for the starter which came out separately and wasn't particularly hot, we then waited an extra 30 minutes for our main courses, which firstly the waiter didn't know what food he was bringing out, secondly it tasted like soap and finally it was cold!!!! We won't be visiting again!!!

2  Thank Laura_21122112