Lowest prices for your stay
Official Website
£80
vocoHotels
£71
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Simon S
Perfect for a rugby stop-over
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Mar 2024
We stayed here the night before an England A rugby game. You couldn't wish for a better positioned hotel if you're visiting the Tigers' ground, once you've navigated Leicester's one-way system! We parked in the Hospital multi-storey, which is literally across the road, and only £13 for 24hrs. Just make sure you check out their website instructions on how to enter the car park as it wasn't as straight forward as it first seems.
Our room at Brooklyn was well appointed and all very clean, the bed was particularly comfy. Downsides, very few tea/coffee sachets provided, the heated towel rail was broken, and the shower door had a horrendous leak leading to a very wet bathroom floor.
There are very few eating venues nearby, so we chose to try the hotel's restaurant. Between the 4 of us and our menu choices, the opinion on food varied according to its' recipient, one had a mediocre burger, whilst others had some amazing Asian inspired dishes. Personally, I had the chicken satay starter, and butternut squash curry, I thought they were very tasty, and particularly good value
We had the Continental breakfast the next morning, and although it was busy, we were seated quickly, and the food option was plentiful, varied, and fresh. I would definitely use hotel Brooklyn again if staying in Leicester for rugby.
£85
  • ZenHotels.com
    £39
8.4 miles from Hotel Brooklyn Leicester
View more hotels in Leicester
All reviews themed hotel white company hot tub suite rugby stadium new york style fabulous hotel operations manager rugby match perfect stay coffee machine room service king power car park staff on reception definitely stay here again min walk comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2024 via mobile

Great hotel, stayed in an exec room which was comfortable, nice bed & all the facilities you’d expect from this kind of hotel.
Food choices for dinner were varied -made a change from the typically dull hotel restaurant offerings I often find. Food was good quality & well cooked, decent service and couldn’t fault it to be fair.
Breakfast was also good, lots of options & decent quality.
ESSENTIAL to book parking well in advance otherwise you’ll be trawling around late at night trying to find somewhere. I def would NOT have fancied a late night walk to the hotel!

Room tip: Book parking way in advance of your stay - I booked the parking before I booked the room.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Karl Diggins, General Manager at Hotel Brooklyn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Dear TJH29

Reviewed 28 February 2024

Stayed for two nights as had tickets for England A v Portugal.

Staff were utterly fabulous, cannot fault a single one of them.

Hotel well appointed and immaculately clean.
The room was lovely - super dark at night which I love and very quiet. The bathroom and shower were great, bathroom fan is very noisy though in the bedroom.
No problem with any facilities or requests - extra pillows were delivered in minutes after asking.
Evening meals in restaurant were prompt, tasty and good quality. Plenty of choice on the day menu too if you require it, although we didn't need to use it.

Breakfast and the choices available were excellent, nothing ran out and if it looked like it would, was replenished quickly. All hot choices were cooked well and not dried out. Cold choices were plentiful as were beverages.

Advise that you pre-book parking though as it is very limited. However, there are other close options available.

Would definately stay again for future visits to Leicester. Well done Brooklyn!

Room tip: Parking - pre-book.

Dear Chris

Reviewed 25 February 2024

Nice hotel, good restaurant. However only serve sandwiches up to 5.00pm. If you have been out with family for a lunch time meal you don’t always want a full meal in the evening. Breakfast was good.
However our stay was marred by picking up a puncture I. The hotel car park!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karl Diggins, General Manager at Hotel Brooklyn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Dear angelaw

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thankyou for your comments. I'm sorry if you were only offered the sandwich menu we do offer a several hot meals throughout the day from fish & chips, burger and salads.

Reviewed 24 January 2024

We had this bad experience back in November. Rather than just moan on here we gave the management the chance to reply.
We used the three email addresses provided by reception.
No response - a phone call would have been so welcome.

So here’s my complaint for public consumption.

My wife and I attended your hotel for our anniversary this evening. Our stay was going fine the room was good.
This came crashing down when we attended the lair restaurant.
We waited by entrance to be seated and four members of staff ignored us, not even acknowledging and stating they would be with us shortly. My wife stood in front of one of them and we got served.
When being seated we were asked what we wanted to drink, my wife requested a white wine, and left for a cigarette. I requested a Bloody Mary but was told, the bar was too busy to make cocktails.
Some what taken aback by this refusal to take my money. I ordered a water.
The wine arrived as did a jug of Luke warm water.
My wife returned and we decided that this was not the atmosphere we wanted to spend our anniversary in.
We decided to leave.
As we attempted to leave. A manager approached and we told him our issues, and he proceeded to state I was lying.
This was adding insult to injury. And totally unexceptional.
We left angry., our evening truly spoilt.
Your hotel scores highly on reviews sites, this facade crumbled in front of us.
Such a shame , should have been a special evening.

Room tip: They can’t cope on match days.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karl Diggins, General Manager at Hotel Brooklyn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2024

Dear Mr Dimond

We responded to your concerns on the 20th November at 07:11, I would kindly ask that you check your junk mail in regards to this matter. I will also resend our response to you today.

Again we apologise that your stay was spoilt and that you have felt ignored this is truly not the case.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2024 via mobile

I stayed here whilst away with work and loved the whole place, from the style to the space and the room was really cool.

The service was pretty good, especially the reception team.

My only complaint is that I didn’t realise that you have to pre book parking and, I didn’t! So, had to drive around to find a car park then walk to the hotel, not ideal. I’ll be more organised next time and then I’ll be happy!

Room tip: Book your parking!
Date of stay: January 2024