“Unimpressed im afraid”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a treat as have heard good reviews and ended up leaving feeling very disapointed. Staff were slow and indifferent, my wife left most of her starter due to the unpleasant texture of the chicken liver dish and the waitress seemed to ignore this, my wifes steak was passable but my venison pie was gristly and unpleasant, again a pile of inedible meat was left on the plate without being commented on by the waitress. We passed on dessert, dont think we will visit again.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I went to The Gate as part of a group of 12 for our Xmas meal. The food was really good and so was the service. The steak I had was fantastic!! Everyone had a good meal and I would definitely go back for another meal. Well done.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. Service is good and the restaurant has a friendly chilled atmosphere. Food is spot on. We enjoyed the charcuterie board to share and both our fish mains were very tasty. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We returned yet again to The Gate Bistro on Tuesday night and were not dissapointed. It was fairly quite being a Tuesday but the food and service was as always excellent. I had the black bream, which I have not tried before and was really impressed. A wonderful soft fish similar to sea bass with a lovely flavour. My husband had the lamb rump which was succulent and tender, I
wish my lamb was as nice when I cook at home! This place has some of the best quality and cooked food I have ever eaten in a restaurant and the price is still quite reasonable. Go and try it anyone who hasn't been and you will see what I mean.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The Gate is our first choice for a special night out. The service is spot on and its a very nice place to visit in the evening. Their steaks are first rate and cooked to perfection every time. A bit pricey but well worth the little bit more.