“Perfection has been surpassed!”
Review of The Gate Bistro - CLOSED

The Gate Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Gate a few times with my partner and friends and have always been impresed. So I booked the venue for my football teams Christmas Party as I've always recieved good service. He way he stadf handled the large number of us one one table when the restaurant was full amazed us. Everything was perfectly cooked, the timing of the service spot on and service with a smile and personal touch as always. I will be returning to he gate as always and the venue will now host all of my clubs events in the future. Spot on as always. Thank you from all the lads.

There are newer reviews for The Gate Bistro

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a treat as have heard good reviews and ended up leaving feeling very disapointed. Staff were slow and indifferent, my wife left most of her starter due to the unpleasant texture of the chicken liver dish and the waitress seemed to ignore this, my wifes steak was passable but my venison pie was gristly and unpleasant, again a pile of inedible meat was left on the plate without being commented on by the waitress. We passed on dessert, dont think we will visit again.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I went to The Gate as part of a group of 12 for our Xmas meal. The food was really good and so was the service. The steak I had was fantastic!! Everyone had a good meal and I would definitely go back for another meal. Well done.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. Service is good and the restaurant has a friendly chilled atmosphere. Food is spot on. We enjoyed the charcuterie board to share and both our fish mains were very tasty. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We returned yet again to The Gate Bistro on Tuesday night and were not dissapointed. It was fairly quite being a Tuesday but the food and service was as always excellent. I had the black bream, which I have not tried before and was really impressed. A wonderful soft fish similar to sea bass with a lovely flavour. My husband had the lamb rump which was succulent and tender, I
wish my lamb was as nice when I cook at home! This place has some of the best quality and cooked food I have ever eaten in a restaurant and the price is still quite reasonable. Go and try it anyone who hasn't been and you will see what I mean.