“Just lovely”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
leicester england
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

A Christmas night out, the food just delicious and very good value we will be booking for next year also. Personally had sea bass delicious

1 Thank maidinuk

Leicester, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve meal”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked a table of 12 for new years eve. Fab night which included a 3 course meal, drag queen and burlesque entertainment. The manager went out of his way to accommodate our party and fit in a few extra people last minute.

Food - my starter (bubble and squeak) was lovely. Nine of us ordered steak and the rare was more well done than the medium! To be fair we put this down to it being a busy night and full house. Puddings were standard for a party package.

The entertainment was a nice change. The drag queen interacted with the crowd and made a fuss of the birthday boy in our group. The staff were polite and offered to give the birthday boy his meal for free!

Overall good experience and we would book a group booking in the future.

1 Thank Polkadotjen
Sale, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Evening”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I called the The Gate Bistro on a Friday Evening to make a table booking for the Saturday Evening, left a message on the answer phone with my contact details and booking requirements, pleased to say the restaurant contacted back the following morning and confirmed my booking.

On arrival found the restaurant attractive and clean interior, also we received a pleasant greeting.

We notice that it was a little cold, quick check of the nearby radiator found it was hot so looks like something else required to warm the restaurant up a little.

We received attentive service throughout and found the staff friendly and helpful.

My wife had black pudding and chorizo starter it was excellent, I had the risotto which I enjoyed but wasn't particularly exceptional.

I raised a problem with my main that they handled extremely well. The manner they dealt with it was polite and the result was they simply replaced it with an alternative choice.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves the meals were good and the service I felt very good.

PS I do feel the gents toilets need a little attention.

Visited December 2013
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Perfection has been surpassed!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Gate a few times with my partner and friends and have always been impresed. So I booked the venue for my football teams Christmas Party as I've always recieved good service. He way he stadf handled the large number of us one one table when the restaurant was full amazed us. Everything was perfectly cooked, the timing of the service spot on and service with a smile and personal touch as always. I will be returning to he gate as always and the venue will now host all of my clubs events in the future. Spot on as always. Thank you from all the lads.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Unimpressed im afraid”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a treat as have heard good reviews and ended up leaving feeling very disapointed. Staff were slow and indifferent, my wife left most of her starter due to the unpleasant texture of the chicken liver dish and the waitress seemed to ignore this, my wifes steak was passable but my venison pie was gristly and unpleasant, again a pile of inedible meat was left on the plate without being commented on by the waitress. We passed on dessert, dont think we will visit again.