Stayed there a couple of nights ago with four colleagues. The rooms are small for a four star hotel although I had a Sky Studio which was a lot bigger but with a tiny bathroom - could just about squeese in! There was no mirror at the dressing table so no facilities for ladies to sit down and blow dry their hair - instead there was a shaving mirror on the wall outside the bathroom which you had to stand at to reach. The general feel of the hotel was that it was old and in need of refurbishment. The breakfast the next day was not to a four star standard - no fresh fruit juice left in the containers (it was 9am and it did close at 9:30 but I do not think that was an excuse). The selection was very poor for a continental and adequate for the English.
The location was good - walking distance from the station and it was good enough for our needs but definately not four star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire