I stayed one night at this hotel in downtown Leicester, and have mostly good things to say about it. I was given a 5th floor studio upon arrival, which was spacious and nice and had most of the amenities one would expect. But a couple of things must be mentioned. Firstly the bathroom, which had such a low and slanting ceiling that the mirror was mounted very low on the wall. In order to see my face I had to bend over. In addition, there is a great gap between the shower door and the floor, so that copious amounts of water splashed out onto the floor when I took a shower. Quite messy, and almost unexplainable in such a classy establishment, so I must just have been unlucky. Also their Wifi prices are ridiculous, every other hotel of camparable standard surely has free Wifi by now! Apart from this I have no problem recommending the hotel, staff was very correct and proper and I enjoyed the short stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire