I paid for a Business Room at £120 p/night. This was a rip-off for the room and service quality.
I pre-authorized my card when checking in, but they said I hadn't. As a result, when going for breakfast, I was chased down for not paying, and told I had to pay there-and-there and couldn't put it on my room. Embarrassing.
The business room (or sky deck?!) was bit, but pretty tired. The ironing board cover was that kind of brown-yellow dirty colour, and the office furniture had kinda weird white stains on it (see picture).
The internet in my room was just crazy slow. Couldn't do the work I wanted to get done.
On the last night I was there, there was a function going on at night, which looked like an office party. This meant I could hear drunken people singing & shouting and a disco until well after midnight. If you're gonna annoy all your customers, don't hire out those facilities!
I'd recommend you look elsewhere in Leicester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire