I booked a double room for single occupancy to breal my journey from North of England to the South.
I arrived at the hotel just after 3pm and was very warmly received at reception and alocated room 508 which I realised on arrival at the room was one of their Sky Studios, what a fab roomy room with great facilities!!!!!
I was on a D/B/B package (£104) this was just a great deal. I went for a walk around Leicester City Centre, what a great city, great shops, bars and restaurants and the lanes really surprised.
Back to the hotel for a showe before dinner, great bathroom and shower, downstairs for a few pre dinner drinks, the bar was busy because of a Rotary dinner or something but still the staff were friendly and efficient and said I could go into dinner when ever I was ready.
Dinner was excellent, I had the hog pate and the fillet steak washed down with some excellent wine selections from the Mercure wine list, service again was attentive and informative. A great dining experience.
A great nights sleep in a great room and breakfast in the lower ground dining room was again first class. Again it was the very warm welcome by the staff that made the difference, super staff, super breakfast, I genuinely did not want to leave.
I really did not think things could get better but check out was amazing, very bright and friendly lyoung lady and asked me how I enjoyed my stay, she even gave me complementary car parking!!
I spend most of my life travelling and staying in hotels and this has been the best experience I have had as a solo traveller and it is also the best Mercure Hotel that I have stayed in and I will be back and yes Leicester is a beautiful city.
Well done one and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire