A lovely building situated ideally close to the city centre and the railway station. Seems to function as some sort of banquet central which creates quite a lot of noise. But everything about this hotel is worn and tired, and the smell of old tobacco smoke fills the corridors. My tip: gut the whole building leaving nothing but the beautiful original features (e.g. the woodwork, the brass, some of the lighting), and renovate everything with love. Meanwhile I'd prefer to stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire