The outside of the hotel and public rooms is mainly Victorian in style and we loved this. The receptionist was helpful and pleasant when we arrived and we were made to feel welcome. We had booked a sky room which is described as superior. It was a large room but we felt it was aimed at the business market as it was functional with modern styling but lack any original features which we found disappointing. That said it was very clean as was the bathroom, though the water pressure in the shower was lower than I would normally expect but still useable.
Most of the sky rooms are located on the 5th floor and the lift only goes to the 4th floor so may cause a problem for those who find stairs difficult - it wasn't a problem for us.
Breakfast in the hotel was pleasant with a reasonable selection from the buffet. It's cheaper if you pay in advance and this can be done the night before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire