A return trip to the Mercure Hotel Leicester one year later and the great customer welcome and experience is as good and consistent as 12 months ago.
This was as good as I've had at some of the best hotels across the world. Receptionist Liliana ought to be snapped up by a five or six star establishment. Once again the welcome at breakfast was outstanding. The polish waitress (didn't catch your name) is another excellent example of how to make guests feel cared for.
The upgraded room was contemporary and a positive contrast to what is an old hotel that is obviously difficult to modernise in some of its vast areas.
The staff truly make a difference here, making up for an old establishment feel in this historic local building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, ACCOR, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire