Great location, in the centre of Leicester, ate in the hotel one night the food was good. The ground floor restaurant was closed and all the meals were being served downstairsin a very unappealing restaurant due to the number of people dining. I didn't like the idea of that but a very accomodating bar man let me choose off the main menu and ate in the bar, much better than a dowdy underground restaurant.
The room was a bit dissapointing, on the fifth floor, lift only goes to the fourth floor, a long treck with suit case, lap top and suit carrier.
Room itself ok, not good value for the price, very basic, no wardrobe just a hanging rail, a bit like an Ibis, the bed was the main problem, it was on castors and slid across the floor when you tried to sit up in bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire