The Mercure's advantage for me was that it was 5 minutes walk from the railway station. I wasn't expecting much, and it is on a very run down street. However, you are central and there is a Tesco nearby and many restaurants and pubs. But I was really surprised by the hotel, which was extremely friendly and welcoming. The room (twin) was very spacious with a spacious bathroom. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. The only downside was a rather miserable TV system which was slow and had very few channels, also no movies. But I would definitely go there again - it was only £60 for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR and Superbreak UK so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire