Stayed on Business - I've stayed in the Ramada Encore and the Holiday Inn Express, so i've experienced okay and bad so far.
The hotel entrance is fantastic, really gives a great atmosphere. That being said, it does need some TLC; alot of the corridors are showing their age with wood panels showing cracks and the carpet being quite worn.
The hotel is on a busy street, so I was lucky to get a Sky Studio Room on the top floor, facing away from the street. Very comfortable and very quiet, not the best view but that for that really wasn't a priority. If you're really wanting a good night sleep i'd recommend asking for a room at the back of the hotel.
Had food in the hotel bar, pleasant staff, good food.
Overall, very comfortable experience. Due to stay here again in a couple of weeks time and will be asking for another 5th floor room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire