The hotel itself is in need of updating. The various rooms I have had are clearly showing signs of age and wear and tear. The rooms have old furniture and bathrooms need modernising. The food in the restaurant could be better and doesn't reflect good value for money. Food generally takes a long while to come out: not only when it's busy. I hate to be so negative as the staff are friendly, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR and Superbreak UK so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire