Stayed at this hotel with a tour group going to the British Grand Prix. The weekend was splendid except for this establishment, would never consider staying there again. Terrible service and mediocre food. The staff were pleasant enough but clueless, due I think to a lack of management.
Our group (some 33 persons) were treated like 2nd class citizens, directed to a 'dungeon' for our evening repast with the worst service I have ever experienced. How can it possibly take over 2 hours to serve 33 people from a table-de-hote menu - a choice from 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts? N. B. some starters were cold, so only needed plated, and soup which surely was ready to serve from a pot. Similarly some stew-like offering must have been ready to dish up. Two of my meals had 'new' baby potatoes as a side, well maybe they were new at some stage, but not when i got them or possibly, likely, they were pre-cooked then microwaved.
I do not believe that over the weekend there was not a chef anywhere near the kitchen. There was no visible sign of anyone else, outside of our group eating there. Also their prices for drinks is outrageous. no real surprise that the bar was devoid of customers. We absconded to a local hostelry after our 1st night! The place had the ambience of a funeral parlour - no that's not fair, it was worse than that.
The rooms are comfortable but have tiny bathrooms and can be very noisy if there is afunction on.
Mecure Group Management need to investigate how this establishment is being managed and address the issues.
My advice, until there is a complete shake-up with the running of this hotel, AVOID IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Marco's New York Italian, our onsite restaurant by prestigious celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, or relax in the bar and lounge and catch up with friends over a cocktail or two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Ramada Leicester
- Leicester Ramada
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel Leicestershire