“Tired decor”

Campanile Hotel Leicester
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Situated next to a very busy 4 lane bypass which is also fed by a busy overpass. Sleep was hard to come by.
The hotel itself is looking dated and resembles a block of council flats. Inside is not helped by the open plan layout, the bar is at the bottom of the stairs and lift, so a quiet drink is not possible.
The rooms are small and need updating. The bathroom has a broken tile and the shower head was all broken.
Half the freebies channels do not work on the TV so trying to watch the news in the morning, I had to resort to my laptop.
The cooked breakfast is no great shakes and tastes like it was cooked much earlier, kept warm and plated as and when needed.
I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your recen review.
I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

If possible I would welcome to discuss your comments with you further.
To do so please contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife and son for one night only.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Room was small but clean and comfortable with everything required for a stay of a day or two. Good bathroom, shower, tea and coffee making facilities, comfortable bed, TV and free wi fi internet access (which you pay a fortune for if you stay at Travelodge).
We had a room overlooking the car park which is quiet at night.
Within a 15 minute walk of town centre, restaurants, bars, etc.
To my surprise, the hotel bar was open quite late and was reasonably priced.
We didn't eat there and so cannot comment on the quality of the food
The car parking was free although quite limited.
My only (minor) gripe was that there was only one power outlet in the room, a problem if you need to charge up a number of gadgets.
Would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: try to choose a room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I was delighted to read that you considered the hotel to be both clean and comfortable and within close proximity to the City centre.

We hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to stay again.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Room wasn't cleaned made me move around and staff didn't even apologise...service was horrible and wouldn't even go there if u paid me to. The lady on reception couldn't even smile and the language was terrible.

Room Tip: Premier inn or travelodge
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I was however extremely dissapointed to review your comments.

I would very much like to obtain some further information so that I can address these issues with the team.

Could you please contact me on manager.leicester@campanile.com

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here with work for a few days and its a good budget hotel. The rooms are clean, with all the usual expected features. It also (somewhat surprisingly for a hotel in its price range) had a decent shower, that was powerful and had a fully functioning temperature control.
The staff mostly friendly. The young lady who was on the bar in the evenings was very friendly and always smiling. Which makes a real difference.
The food is ok, but nothing special. And I did find my breakfast to be a bit 'greasy'.
We didn't really explore the local area but it didn't look like there was a lot nearby (resteraunts, pubs etc) but I may be wrong on that.
Other than that it was a perfectly good budget hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I was delighted to read that you considered us to be a "Good Budget Hotel"

I was particulary pleased to also read that you found Alex to be friendly and I will pass on your thanks to her.

With regards to your comment on our proximity to bars and restaurants, we are infact just a 10 minute walk from the city centre so when next visiting we would be happy to provide directions to this area fro you.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel campanile and had a pleasant stay, we were there for 2 nights and we found the all you can eat buffet breakfast very good with lovely fresh bread and selection of meats. the rooms are small but plenty big enough for a few nights, we had a rear facing room which was very quiet, The hotel is within walking distance of the town which is a good town for shopping and a few museum's. The hotel offers free car parking which is a bonus as being so close to town you don't need to move your car.
The staff were lovely and so helpful the hotel only has a small bar but you get free WiFi at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve P, Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I was pleased to read that you found our Continental buffet breakfast very good, that you consider our hotel to be of good value and within walking distance to the city centre.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at the Campanile several times as it is very conveniently within walking distance to the centre and the Golden Mile (15 mins each way).
The hotel is clean, rooms are decent size and also clean and they offer free wifi and free parking which is a bonus. Only complaint would be the rooms and corridors are very warm especially in summer.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the car park, it is much quieter on this side.

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I was pleased to read you find Campanile leicester to be of good quality and located in a convienent distance to the city centre and golden mile.

If you are to stay with us again in the future we do have a number of fans available at reception which we would be happy to provide you with.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We booked early and Staff communication was excellent prior to our stay. Reception staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and the room was very clean, beds comfy and shower excellent.Perfect after a long haul flight.With 12md check out and free Wii Fi this has to be one of the best value hotels Ive ever stayed in.I would definately come back.

Room Tip: Request back room near carpark

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I am delighted to see that you have given us a five star rating.

Also i was very pleased to read that you consider us to be one of the best value hotels you have ever stayed in. I shall pass on your comments to the team with regards to our friendly reception staff.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards