“Not bad if you're on a budget but needs improvement”

Campanile Hotel Leicester
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am in Leicester for work so was looking for a budget option - this is one of the cheapest and fairly well located. On my second trip I was given a room - when I came in the window was wide open - impossible to close unless you know how - after I got a guy from reception to come up and close it and he left I realised the room was full of flies - about 10 all around the room - they dealt with this quickly and gave me another room. But at the end of a long day that was too much to deal with! There is free wifi but it's very slow if you plan to catch up on any telly online. It is clean but a bit tired round the edges. Staff are welcoming on arrival and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Steve P, Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be good value for money. I was also pleased that your room move was dealt with quickly.

Kalps

There are newer reviews for Campanile Hotel Leicester

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked the campanile as it was 5 mins walk from where we were going that evening but we normally stay in a premier inn if hotels are required . Firstly the car park is free and secure in the evening with a big gate but its a bit small for the amount of rooms they have . Check in was easy and the room was clean and tidy , has everything you need but a wee bit small . Bed was comfy enough but the room was incredibly warm and we couldn't open the window as we were road side so it would have been a bit noisy . Ask for car park side if possible and you will be fine . We would stay again for sure as everything is perfectly fit for purpose but it's lower standard than premier inn in our opinion

Room Tip: Ask for car park side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and tidy.

Please feel free to contact us directly when next in Leicester and we would be more than happy to arrange a car park side room for you.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stop here for one night which visiting friends in the area. easy to find and secure car park which was great. the bar area was pretty small but decent did not eat at the hotel during my stay, the room was adequate and bed was comfy, shower was good a little more presure would have be better tho. all in all you get what you pay for cheap clean comfortable and good location, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was pleased to read that you had a good stay and that you found your bed comfy.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here on business as a single female. Nice hotel. Excellent service, staff try hard. Good wifi, parking, good value restaurant (50% off on Mondays). Good tv and comfy bed. Room quite small but ok. Only downside is that the website I booked through said there would be a bath and there was just a shower :-( bit disappointed. The area is also not that great.

Room Tip: Choose car park side and request bath
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cambridgygirl

Dear Cambridgygirl

Many thanks for taking the time in posting your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you found the service to be excellent, the bed comfy and the restaurant of good value.

With regards to the bathroom, we do in fact have a mixture of bath and shower rooms and we would be happy to arrange a bathroom on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Usually I stay in a Travelodge when on business but because of a graduation ceremony all hotels in Leicester seemed to be full so I ended staying here. A perfectly adequate hotel and even though I was on the side by the main road and slept with the window open I was able to sleep well. Did not have time to use the bar or restaurant so cannot comment on these. A bit out of the centre, about a five minute walk but with a free car park

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our overnight stay was in a comfortable room; surprisingly quite, since the hotel is near a busy road. The breakfast next morning was a sheer delight; my wife had the full English and I had the continental, both of which were excellent; we were spoiled for choice. Would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LoveAfricaLincoln
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found your room to be comfortable and that both options for breakfast offered you a fantastic choice.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Budget hotel but does the job just fine. Nice lobby and bar. Service was quick and trouble free. Room was pleasant and clean, bathroom same. Only negative were that the bed was very soft, and loose toilet seat. But that wouldn't put me off staying again. Good hotel for the money

• Stayed: January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you considered the hotel to be good value for money.

I hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to stay again.