Campanile Hotel Leicester
Hotel Maiyango(Leicester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsbudget hotelfree parkingfull englishcooked breakfasttown centreshort staymain roadpleasant staybusiness tripwould stay againexcellent value for moneycomfy bedwardrobeuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am at present staying at the hotel as I am on a residential workshop with Leicester University and can not fault staff at all.

Rooms are immaculate if somewhat basic.

Restaurant is limited and a tad pricey but not too extortionate: Meals are around £7-10 each, with continental breakfast buffet at £6 full English is £8.95.

Had problems with noisy contractors staying and making terrible noise at 4am not what anyone wants especially as the days are intensive and tiring,, but the manager moved me to another floor away from them and i had a great night....... the room was better than the one i was in! So for that thanks to Hope Construction for getting me moved!

All in all a very enjoyable stay so far.

Room Tip: My room(s) were overlooking the car park, instead of the main ring road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Steve P, Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for you review of your recent stay at Leicester.

Being so close to both universities, we often accomodate students like yourself. We are happy to hear your postive comments on the staff, and are glad that you were pleased with the room quality.

We appreciate your feedback on our restaurant, and we are in the process of looking at ways to expand the menu, and introduce new offers in the restaurant. Hopefully these will be something you can experience on your next stay.

Please accept our apologies for the noise issue you experienced. An advantage of our 24 hour reception is that at any point, if something similar were to occur, there would always be someone around to deal with this and move your room if required.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner was down from Scotland for a couple of days to see family, we was looking for somewhere to stay that was affordable. I seen this hotel and thought was a great deal! But now I know where we got it soo cheap!

We had a long day of traveling,we had to walk for Atleast half an hour from the train station to the hotel! When it said on the website just a ten minute walk, which actually took us half and hour. We eventually made it to the hotel, we checked in and headed to our room 222 we gor in and started to unpack, my partner took his shoes off to discover his feet were wet, the carpet was soaking wet! I went down to reception informed staff about the problem with the room, we then had to go to the next floor up to room 308. Where the room was standard, on had two plug sockets, the walls has black marks on them, there was also a sofa bed in the room, it wasn't necessary to have this in the room when it's just a standard double room, took room up that could of been used to keep the bed so close to the wall, when myself and the partner for into bed we both met on the middle, the bed has defiantly passed it's days! The curtains were hanging off, the cotton curtain had a fag burn on it!! As we are not smokers we found this disgusting!

The hotel it self really needs a upgrade the bedroom are poor decorated. The reception was welcoming but when you sat at the bar the brown leather seats were all worn! I was very disapointed in the standard of the hotel. When we booked the hotel we had to pay in full, if I paid on arrival I wouldn't even stayed the night, there was no option for a refund as we already paid in full, we ate on the first night and the food was great and great value for the money!

We was lucky to have nice weather when we was there, so we was out the hole time we was away, It was a disappointment that the hotel was at a bet poor standard, I would defo not stay there again or not recommend anyone to stay there, it did effect are break away as we couldn't stand to stay in the hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kirsty R
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Kirst R

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was sorry to read of the issues you experienced whilst staying with us but was pleased that you found both the food and service to be good.

In regards to the room standards I can only appologise. This is not the usual standards of which we set ourselves, the bar area is due to be refurbished prior to the end of the year.

If you would like to discuss your stay in any more detail, please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Omg what a dump . Just sat on the bed and felt the springs feels like im in a cupboard the bath room couldnt swing a cat in it believe me pay the 10 pound parking fee and stay at the holiday inn and stay here

Room Tip: Dont pick 201
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yvonne j

Dear Yvonne J

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.

Whilst you have written that you consider the hotel to be a dump I would appreciate some further feedback to understand the issues you experienced.

Could I ask that you would contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com so we could discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with friends for a mutual friends wedding.

Location easy walking distance from centre of Leicester and car parking and free wifi a real bonus. Room basic but clean and beds comfortable. We had a room at the back which was quieter than friends who stayed at the front. I would reccomend others ask for this when they book as front on main road. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Overall, excellent value and a good base if staying in Leicester and just needing a clean, quiet, no frills room for the night.

We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on this.

Room Tip: Ask for room on car-park side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time in posting your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be both of great value and well located for your trip to Leicester.

I was especially pleased to read that you found the team to be very friendly and helpful.
We all hope that on your next visit you will give us a big 5 stars.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice .Once between house moves and once when lost car/house keys when in City .
Excellent value .
If we have visitors ,we recommend the place as great value .
Very secure car park .
BUT......
....there should information as to directions on how to walk into City !
DO NOT... do a left/left when leaving ,if walking .
Its only a short walk into City centre .
If a taxi needed.....TELE-LINK 01162682222 .
Great service and value and only a few mnutes away .

Room Tip: None have a good view ! Front has a main road . Rear is overlooking car park ,but quiet .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Elisabeth

Many thanks for taking the time in posting your review.
I was delighted to read that you consider the hotel be of Excellent value.

You are also correct with regards to the directions. We always have complimentary maps available at reception for our guests to hopefully avoid this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.