“room was not cleaned before we were given it”

Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We arrived at the hotel about 8 or 9 pm on a saturday night, checked into the hotel and went to put our bags in the room. I had booked a cheap deal so could not specify that we required a non smoking room. We were given a smoking room and the room had not been cleaned since the last person was in the room, ash tray was full, the bed was unmade and there was rubbish and dirty towels in the bathroom. I went down to reception and the staff there said that the room had already been checked. We put our bags back in the car and told them that we were going to go and get something to eat and we wanted the room to be cleaned or to be given a new room. The hotel was fully booked apparently so while we went to eat something for dinner the staff were busy cleaning and making up the room. It still smelt of smoke when we returned but at least we had clean linen to sleep on. For £32 pounds with breakfast for us both I cant really complain however I think I would spend a little more to know that we can have a non smoking room

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I'd never normally choose to stay on the M1. It's not on many people's bucket lists. But in this case I was heading up north and just needed somewhere to get my head down to break the journey.
This place is cheap and very basic. Slightly shabby room, dodgy bed but a pillow, a tv and a bathroom was all I needed. That, and a cold beer...why I thought that alcohol would be available at a motorway services I have no idea, but in case you didn't know, it isn't.
Not where you'd go to warm your soul or for your honeymoon, but it's great for access to the M1.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank NPSSurrey
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I travel quite a lot on business and quite often choose Days Inn as they are better than their peers, Travelodge and Premier Inn. Free internet and only £5 more for a executive room. Very good value.

This branch has been exceptional because of the high quality of staff and service.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Bearing in mind this is a hotel on a very busy motorway service area it is a really nice place to stay. On arrival the staff were helpful, on coming out of my room I was asked if I needed anything in paticular (I was on a three nights stay) and when I checked out a day early the receptionist was very helpful in arranging a refund (you pay on arrrival).

The hotel value is very good with a stay in one of their executive rooms costing me £49 with a continental breakfast £4.95 extra.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and functional with the executive roomns including a fridge and decent desk. Wireless broadband is free and running at a good speed.

The only downside is the potential for noise. My room on this occasion overlooked the lorry park and they do tend to come and go all through the night. In March not a problem as the excellent double glazing kept the noise at bay. On a hot summers evening, without the benefit of air conditioning, it would get very warm though I suspect fans would be avalable, its worth checking when you book.

All in all, a perfect spot for a buisness traveller.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front/back of the property. Avoid the side facing rooms as you will either...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed one night only, can't complain as we got what we paid for. Had a family room which was fine for all the family, which included our children who are 15 and 20. check in was quick and the receptionist was very polite. We were on the ground floor with the petrol station outside but noise was not an issue for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel as part of the mirror offer of £10 a night. Got a family room for that price. Hotel was next to Motorway services (used as a stop over to break up our journey), which had a variety of places to eat including KFC, Burger King, services restaurant and a Waitrose mini market. Staff were very friendly and helpful and for a family room it was nice to have a proper single bed instead of a sofa bed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed here for a few days. Nothing to complain about. You get what you pay for. Staff are lovely, could not fault them. Only problem with the hotel is access. If you're on the wrong side of the motorway you need to keep going till the next junction to swing back round northbound. But this wouldn't stop me staying again. And yes there is road noise but its not that bad.

• Stayed: November 2011