We have just returned from a short break to Leicester, visiting friends, and stayed again at the Days Inn, Leicester Forest East. Myself and two friends really enjoyed our stay.
This hotel is situated on the M1 motorway, northbound, at junction 21.
We stayed here a couple of years ago and thought it to be clean and well presented and we found the hotel to have the same high standards when we revisited it last week.
The rooms are clean and spacious enough with TV, including Freeview and free WiFi in all rooms. There is a plentiful supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk with complimentary biscuits. Lovely towels and hair and body wash supplied, as was a hairdryer and trouser press.
The bathroom was great, very clean taps and even the shower head was really clean !
The staff are friendly and obliging and the parking is free, albeit in the main welcome Break service area car park. You just key your Registration number and how many nights you are staying into the machine at reception.
We are smokers who adhere to smoking rules but one of the bonuses of this hotel is that they supply designated smoking rooms, which means you do not have to keep running outside when you fancy a cigarette (great in cold winter months methinks).
You can order continental breakfast or have the full English. There is a shop on site as well as more amenities over the motorway walkway.
Northbound carriageway is easily accessed and southbound you just go north for a few hundred yards, take the first turning, follow Kirby Muxlow sign then turn right at the roundabout to access southbound carriageway. Alternatively,for Leicester north just follow signs.
For quality and value for money you cannot go far wrong with this hotel.
It was great to see that the standards of the hotel were well maintained and we will definately be staying here again when visiting Leicester !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Leicester Forest East is located 3 miles from Leicester City Centre and Train Station. It offers en suite rooms with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour reception and free parking. Rooms feature a flat-screen Freeview TV offering over 80 different channels. The bright and airy rooms also include a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. Situated between junction 21/21a of the M1 motorway, this Days Inn is a 20-minute drive from East Midlands Airport. Nottingham and Birmingham are both within a 30-minute drive.Local attractions such as The National Space Centre, Leicester Racecourse, Mallory Park, Donington Race Track & Silverstone are all located nearby. For added value children up to the age of 12 years stay and eat free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Leicester Forest East Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Days Inn
- Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1 Leicestershire