“First Visit”

Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here last week for the first time, I am a Premier Inn man but as it was a last minute decision to stay over they were full!
Chose an executive room, very competitively priced & on the top floor.
Very surprised on entering the room!
Trouser press, fridge & ironing board with Iron.
Room was comfortable with plenty of working area (the reason for my stay) & loads of wall sockets for all my various chargers!
The highlight was the bed! I have got used to the Premier Inn beds although I do find them hard Day's Inn beds are just that little bit softer.
The difficult decision will be when I need to stay again - Day's or Premier ????
Think I will go for Day's!!!

Room Tip: This is on the motorway - see if you can get a room facing the loory park.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Like the location and services all under one roof. Good place after a long drive along the motorway Room was clean staff friendly .breakfast ready in time.place was quit,room warm enough .would recommend for night stay

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014

After going around the world thanks to satnav, I ended up on a service road with a vehicle recognition camera sign saying I would be fined. The receptionist assures me I won't be fined. We shall see!
To be fair I booked late and this was a quick option.
I went through the smoking rooms corridor, pleasant aroma and even my room had a smell of stale tobacco, not the best start. The room was bloody freezing, even though I come from up north, it was cold. The heater on 2 hours later it tipped the thermometer just above a level where I could take my coat off. The bed covers pulled back I found some little black specs, could have been mouse droppings but not sure. The rest of the room was okish.
Bathroom was ok even though the walls were smeared with leaking soap from the dispenser.
Small telly for the size of the room. Slept ok, rocked to sleep by the M1 traffic. Decided to shower used the bathroom bin and found a foreign object on the floor between toilet and bin!!! Nice!
Thank God I won't be back normal service tomorrow!
I will throttle my colleague who suggested this was a decent chain if I ever needed a quick room!

Needless to say not impressed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and I once again had a very pleasant stay. We were greeted like family. All of the staff make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. If there is anything that you need or have forgotten, they will try to provide it for you, if possible. We will be returning soon to stay and see our "Family".

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Booked this hotel for a one night stay as my daughter had an interview at the university and it was a long way to travel to get there for 9.30am,
Firestorm impressions were good. Arrived quite late. Male on reception was very welcoming and helpful so a good start! There were 3 of us and the room had 2 double beds. First thing we noticed was how cold the room was. We put the heater on and sat in our coats for about an hour trying to warm up. We then realised the window had been left slightly ajar (bit strange as it was middle of winter!). After we shut it the room did start to warm up and in fact during the night we were too hot so had to turn the heater off. The sheets were very clean and the towels large, white and fluffy. The whole room was very clean. We were situated in a room overlooking the lorry park but it wasn't overly noisy. The beds weren't brilliantly comfortable but were perfectly adequate for a budget hotel (we have definitely had a lot worse!). We didn't buy breakfast as we wanted to get off early so unable to comment on that. Had a nice flat screen tv with good signal and lots of channels. There were plenty of tea and coffee sachets (even decaf which was good) in the room and biscuits. The shower wasn't particularly powerful but water was hot enough and plentiful, shower gel also supplied. I would definitely stay here, or at another days hotel again.

Room Tip: Room overlooking lorry park not too noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Staff very friendly, The use of the loyalty is a very good insentive to use the Days inn facilities across the UK. Good value for money.Shower holder in bathroom was broken awaiting spare part, temporary solution was found by the maintenance person.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent staff, friendly and helpful. The shops in the services had the products what we required. I would come again to stay. Great place for a short stay. The receptionist in the morning was really helpful and polite.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple