“superb at a fraction of the cost”

Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“superb at a fraction of the cost”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very happy with my stay, all staff very happy and friendly from reception staff to cleaning staff and nothing was to much trouble, room was a good size and very clean, Bathroom very spacious with a full size bath, mattress was so comfortable, I was very surprised at what I got for the small amount paid, I would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been working in Leicester for several months and the Days Inn tops the bill for me. If you book early, the price really cannot be bettered. Rooms are a good size. Proper ensuites with bath and showers. Good, powerful and FREE WiFi, unlike a lot of Leicester hotels (including very pricy ones!). Free parking. Waitrose/Starbucks/KFC all on site for food. Great service. And lovely big white fluffy towels!!! Could not ask for more. I am always very comfortable and at home here.

Cramlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked in for an overnight stay on the way home from Gatwick, first of all I suspect the charge was hiked due to last minute arrival (we were charged £56) and the room itself was small, dimly lit and had a strange smell. Returned to reception to cancel the room (this was done by the chap behind the desk called Paul) and was assured that this would be done asap the next day via the manager a Jane Roper-, still waiting for the refund! I would not recommend this "hotel" due to the poor standard of the interior and customer service.

Room Tip: Demand to see a room before paying.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

At around 11pm on Easter Sunday, the whole family went to bed.
We were awoken about 12 midnight by noise coming from the room upstairs.
The noise was in the form of very loud conversation, loud laughter, creaking floor and objects being dropped on the floor in the room upstairs.
I called reception around 12.30 to complain about noise. I was assured that reception will talk to the people upstairs and ask them to keep the noise down. There was no change for about 30 minutes.
I then went to reception and told the receptionist that nothing had changed and the people upstairs were still making a lot of noise.
The receptionist assured me again that he will call the people upstairs to ask them to keep the noise down. This brought no change for the next 30 minutes.
Around 1.30am I went to the receptionist to ask if our room could be changed. I was told there were no spare rooms.
I went back to my room to give it once last chance. Nothing changed. The whole family was awake from 12 midnight onwards and the noise did not look like it was going to stop. At 2.30 am we packed our bags and headed back home.
This hotel ruined our family's Easter break. It has very poor sound proofing and creaking floors.
If these people are serious about running hotels, the least they can do is sound proof the rooms. From a person who has traveled widely around the world and stayed at many hotels, I would say this hotel is somewhere at the bottom for my ratings. No more Day's Inn for my family and me. That's for sure.
The receptionist(to his credit) was very sympathetic and did try to help. He was very apologetic but in a somewhat helpless situation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed one night. Staff members very helpful & the checking in process was very straightforward. The room was adequate for two people but noticed a sofabed so I think it would be too cosy for three. The double bed felt small though. Overall quite satisfied.

• Stayed March 2014
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After reading the reviews for the hotel I decided to give it ago. After a long journey arriving at around 10pm all we wanted was to crawl into bed. The hotel check in was friendly, informative and quick. We paid a budget price and were pleasantly surprised at the room it was very clean, plenty of pillows and all equipment worked. Bathroom was sparkling clean and was well stocked with towels and although we brought our own toiletries there was some supplied. Although the location was off the motorway we did not really hear the traffic in fact we were totally oblivious to the noise, but this could be that we live under a busy flight so are accustomed to more noise. The view from the window was a petrol station but considering this is a budget stop over hotel it is to be expected and in no way hindered our stay, as we spent most of the day out at a conference. Food was great and I actually liked the fact of having a selection of restaurants through a double door. Ok you eat in a service station area but again this is a stop over budget hotel not the Ritz. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at another Days Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hawes
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Have stayed here several times due to convenience for work. Free Wi-fi a strong selling point. Clean and tidy. Good supply of coffee! Will stay again. Only downside is the constant traffic, but it is a motoeway service station!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn