“Great ice cream!”

Ranked #12 of 22 Dessert in Leicester
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I went here at lunchtime. Nice to see they were open as they're normally shut until the evening times. I had the 3 scoop deal and Thumbs up for the hazelnut icecream! Only downside is that there was no where to sit in the sun outside!

There are newer reviews for madisons gelateria

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Another visit to Leicester, another dessert parlour. Visited this place on Tuesday evening last week. We sat in the basement area an were allocated seats near he toilets. I felt sick as the toilets were stinky from the bad and cheap cleaning products they were using. he service was also very slow and poor.

It is a shame as they are in competition with Heavenly Desserts. The overflow from Heavenly would end up at Madisons. They the potential but the management appears to be afraid of pulling it together.

Shall not return again.

3  Thank Leylahni
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to Madison's on Saturday evening with close friends, we originally wanted to go to Heavenly's but because of the long queue and rain, decided to try this place out. My friend was from another city and she wanted to go somewhere nice to have something sweet and chill out.

We walked in, music was so loud, didnt know if we were in a club or somewhere to catch up with friends. No one was there to greet us, so we assumed we just find a table and sit down ourselves, so we did that. No one gave us menu's so had to try get the attention of a staff member who eventually gave us a menu.

We went through the menu, prices were okay and the cheesecakes looked fine and menu seemed nice.

Decided to get cheesecake slice, milkshake, we were going to get a waffle until we could see someone at the waffle machine, taking waffles out of foil paper and simply warming them up. Decided not to bother with a waffle!

Went to the till, gave my order and asked to pay by card, told instantly '25p charge - we get loads of charges so thats why there is a charge' WOW I didnt even ask them to justify, but sure is pathetic, a 25p charge when ordering a few deserts/milkshake, even McIndians up the road do not charge when spending more than £5. I guess this place has no management skills at all.

I kindly asked the lady at the till 'can you give me the end slice as there are toppings on that one and not on the other' she said 'well I do not serve them so we follow a process, you will get whichever is given' - Paying £3 for a small slice of cheesecake with hardly any topping.

Music got louder too, the speaker was right above. Do not like causing a fuss, especially as I was still annoyed about a card charge and the cheesecake slice.

Order came, was okay, nothing special. I asked for a glass of water to a waiter, which didnt come. I had to ask him again, and finally came, just do not get why it is so difficult to get a staff members attention. Cheesecake did have a couple of pieces of topping but we all said tasted cheap. Friend had a hot chocolate and she said it tasted like warm milk.

Would not recommend this place at all, and would never go again. Regret wasting money, I am never harsh with reviews, always honest but sorry to say, this place is not worth it. My friends agreed and said the same.

5  Thank Husain K
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This must be Leicester's best kept secret, fantastic gelato ice cream homemade on the premises by the owner who trained in Ice Cream making in Italy, which is why this is so extremely good. He returns to Rimini annually to ensure he is buying only the best ingredients. Gelato is lower in fat than normal ice creams and unlike other dessert parlours which buy in cheap tubs the ice cream here is made on site so doesn't contain excessive sugar and fake flavourings, this is the real thing. The owners son is also a wonderful barista you will not get a better Cappuccino anywhere. The decor is pleasant and the service is friendly certainly not the blingy chavtastic like other dessert parlours in the area, here it is unstated and classy and the desserts speak for themselves. My husband says the chocolate is the best ice cream he has ever tasted I like the Cappuccino and hazelnut best. Please give it a try-the original and still the best.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times a relaxed Stettin they do nice ice creams and other desserts I think there milkshakes are a little over priced friendly staff