“Good day out”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

From berry picking, feeding the ducks grain, climbing a large hill, having a little picnic, cycling, through to a long slow relaxing walk - the place is great for a family day out. Oh and end it with a flake 99 from the ice cream van.

Visited August 2014

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Love watermead”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I walk here every day with my two dogs n son. It's a lovely walk with easy access for all.
Definetly recommend

Leicester
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Why have I not been since I was young!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to watermead in years, i had forgotten how much I enjoyed going there for walks when I was young. I went for a walk in the evening yesterday and it was a lovely day a lot of people which is to be expected with this lovely weather but overall a nice atmosphere just a shame about the rubbish people have left behind. I think this may be my new running spot :)

1 Thank Princess_K_XX
Loughborough, United Kingdom
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 336 helpful votes
“Great country park but needs a cafe”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great country park with numerous walks/pathways taking you around both large and small lakes and the Grand Union canal. Always lots of wildlife on show including resident herons.

The park in huge and you can easily spend 2-3 hrs walking around. Having said that it's just as easy to park up and picnic without having to walk far at all. It's a great, safe place to cycle especially for young children.

Like others I think the one thing that is missing is a decent cafe. Other than a mobile van in one of the car parks (it isn't always there !!) there are no facilities which is quite unusual for a park of this size.

Still a good place to go but make sure you take refreshments if going for a longer walk.

4 Thank MalcH
Leicester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Too many inconsiderate people”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Busy, busy, busy. ..it is almost impossible to have a relaxing walk due to bikes rushing past, dog poo and litter. I used to walk almost daily and always pick my dog's poop up! I don't walk here anymore. I rather get into my car and walk somewhere else. It is so sad. :-( people don't put their aggressive dogs on leads and through their little around. My dog got bitten 3 times which resulted in a visit to the vet. :'(

Visited June 2014