“Love this little place”

Chai Paani
Ranked #554 of 1,218 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Love love love the food here if your looking for a quick vegetarian snack on Belgrave road, always busy and quick service - great for noodles, paneer and Indian sandwiches.

2  Thank Ani_x23x

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

1) tables were filthy
2) service was outright rude
3) "against health and safety to sell tap water, but bottled water can be brought"... That's what was said by their staff! Liars!
4) food was out before plates were (10 minute wait for plates)
5) fork still had dry bits of other food on it

Would never go here again, wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having done our shopping and looking for a place to eat, our attention turned to chai paani. A busy restaurant with a busy cafe feel, we made way into the small packed restaurant. Having settled down we got our food which was delicious! I highly recommended this place to everyone!

2  Thank Jagruti46
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This place is cramped and has poor hygine. We were seated on a table with dirty leftover plates which were eventually removed but I had to ask someone to wipe the table several times before it got done. The food was okay but had little flavour, we ordered loads of food and two soft drinks. When I asked for tap water I was refused! This place has built up a reputation but the food has gone down hill, hygiene is awful and the service is disastrous! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

A lovely place to just stop for a snack n a chat. Great service, yummy authentic food, can watch people passing by as it quite open and everytime I go it's extremely busy which is always a good sign.

5  Thank sashausha